What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a year in your neck of the woods working as a helper. Williston, ND area. Anything over 12" was brother in lawed. Williston, what a ****hole. Lived in Sidney, Mt. Another ****hole.

I've helped alot of pipe welders and since meeting you here i've often wondered how it'd be to be your helper.
I've worked for both kinds of welders. Guys who are welders and By God Welders. You know what I mean.

Fourth pour of Hop Hunter. This growler will not survive.

I was pipe welding out Gillette, WY. I'm just a welder. hahaha!! WY is filled with the other 'uns. in our shop, anything 20" and over was BIL unless you welded by quarter sections. after being a helper, I never been a fan of having a helper. I had one once though I only let him buff (sometimes), pass me rod (when I run out in my pockets), and adjust the heat (if I needed it). he just got to kick back most of the time and move my leads a bit.:rockin:

That's how I roll

Have you had Wild Devil? There's still some sitting around here and I've never had it. Was wondering if it's worth getting for the funk of the Brett even though the hops will have faded.

Have you had Wild Devil? There's still some sitting around here and I've never had it. Was wondering if it's worth getting for the funk of the Brett even though the hops will have faded.

I bought one, but heard it wasn't too funky so it's sitting on a shelf in my basement

I bought one, but heard it wasn't too funky so it's sitting on a shelf in my basement

So what you're saying is, you're of no help to me. :p I'll probably just pick one up. For $8 it's probably worth the gamble.

Wasn't crazy about it fresh, if I find it a big discount I might try it again, oh wait they never discount anything around here, any one want six month old IPAs?

Nizzle? Nizzle, Nizzle;)

They used red!

Red Ox!

2015-02-11 21.20.54.jpg

Did you have my sour stout yet? Just wondering.

Had a 2013 of that last weekend and had hints of infection but still tastey

Yo. Look. I passed it a lot because I thought it was left hand.
Aroma: super sour. In a great way.
Head: none, like my Friday night.
Color: dark, like I like 'em.
Taste: sour, tart, not much roast from a stout. I feel it's an exceptional sour though. Can't taste the 8%, which is dangerous.
Mouthfeel: thinner than I expected but right in line with a sour.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423709594.417267.jpg

$8?!?!?!

Screw you

Edit: I live 20 miles from the brewery and paid almost twice that amount. bless

Sorry, I meant $9. :p
Also, what about Red Thunder? I've never picked up much from Victory. I always seem to just pass them by. Is the Red Thunder worth $10?

Back from club meeting. I bring a Galaxy-hopped American Pale Ale with Rye (well received BTW) and am legitimately asked "no seriously, who brewed this". As opposed to my EKG-hopped English-styled Robust Porter much more my normal style.

Drinking root beer right now. Then moving on to more Bluebird on cask.

Sorry, I meant $9. :p
Also, what about Red Thunder? I've never picked up much from Victory. I always seem to just pass them by. Is the Red Thunder worth $10?

That's reasonably cheap too. I drank almost a case of it. It's pretty strong on the red wine character, so if you like red wine and porters, you'll like it.

Can't explain the foam. :-( setting this up for after my sour.
View attachment 255781

Turn that Spencer Trappist glass around so we can see it in all its glory. ;)

That's reasonably cheap too. I drank almost a case of it. It's pretty strong on the red wine character, so if you like red wine and porters, you'll like it.

Looks like I'll be picking one of them up as well. Thanks for weighing in. I'd much rather get the opinions of you alchies than go anywhere near BA for reviews on beer. :D

I almost feel bad for your manhood, or lack there of.

If you're referring to my awesome Spaten glass, the awesomeness of the carb level in the cider, or the fact that I'm drinking awesome homebrewed hard cider, then I believe the saying is, Shut you're whore mouth! ;)

Back