Recommend me an IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I currently have a Czech Pils and an American Wheat in fermenting/lagering and am looking at brewing an IPA next week. I was curious in the Two Hearted clone posted on here, but am not sure if Centennial will be available due to the shortage at my LHBS.

So what is your favorite IPA recipe?

I like clones of DFH 90 min, Bell's 2 Hearted and Russian River PTE. These are very safe and very good.

I am planning a centennial bomb like the above Ruination recipe but with more and only centennial hops. I will also be using Briess Pale Ale malt instead of the standard 2-row, a little crystal malt and some dextrose.

I was going to say 2H, because that's my favorite, but there are quite a few good IPA's out there. If you are going to buy a kit, either 2H or Ruination would be good.

Otherwise, I recommend checking out the recipe section, go to the American Pale Ale category and sorting by ranking. Look them over and read comments.

I've made the 2H recipe on here and it was very close.

You might also consider one of the house recipes from some of the HBT frequenters.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Two Hearted Ale recipe posted on here, probably using 1056 since I can't get a bottle of Bell's to harvest from.

Back