The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK, Paul. In the 1990s we had two severe nor'easters the so-called 100 year storm and another they called the storm of the century. Last year they named a blizzard. Do they name their tornados in OK? They really do some stupid **** there.

fwiw, schools were on in my area, and we got ~16" of concrete air-dropped on us in 8 hours yesterday.
Eastern Massholes are clearly wimps...

Cheers! ;)

Sorry, but some of us Eastern Massholes spent 12 hours plowing this concrete
you speak of. iffin' we be whimpy, so be it ... just saying'. ayup' ... :D

Look PTN, used only one smiley ...

Don't drink and plow.
post-34168-boy-truck-wheelies-gif-Imgur-y3hm.gif

Very strange winter um spring. March has been on average colder than the winter months of dec,jan and feb. I was out chopping ice off my driveway yesterday and a couple of blackflies and mosquitoes were out flying around the mounds of snow. At least their buddies will be dead today.

Lol! We'll find that out in a couple of weeks.
I don't think the Bahamas has been declared a terrorist country by Dear Leader...yet.
And TSA hasn't revoked our KTNs, so I'm optimistic...

Cheers! (between beaches)

I only live a couple towns over. It's suppose to get down in the single digits with the wind chill tonight. I'll stop over at your house and make sure the tap lines aren't frozen.

Ok speaking of submarine, take a look at this...

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1490220122.009678.jpg

It's a f'ing cat backpack. She puts her f'ing cat in a f'ing backpack and peddles her f'ing bike around San Fran-f'ing-cisco. I told her to take the thing down to Fishermans Wharf and toss the f'ing thing into the bay. The cat could wave goodbye as it's f'ing submarine sailed past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge.

I should have signed up for involuntary sterilization when it was suggested.

DT, do you own there? Wondering what's involved.

Oh, no, we just rent villas for two weeks wherever we go. I don't think the Spousal Unit and I feel it makes sense to have just one place to go as we love all of the Bahamas Out Islands and wouldn't want to settle on just one. She goes on VRBO and Homeaway.com and finds really good places at fair prices, then we decide which island we want to go to.

We have been through the Abacos, and all of the Out Islands at least twice each over the nearly 20 years we've been doing this. This trip we're on Long Island for the third time in that span. Beautiful islans but it got ferociusly nailed by hurricanes last fall. We just got back to our villa after hanging at a watering hole with a bunch of acquaintances and heard their stories. Truly apocryphal - 7 weeks without electricity for most of the island, the roads in the southern half flooded and impassable for weeks, people we've met had entire roofs ripped off their homes and worse. Effin' tragic, really. But the folks persist.

Obligatory HBT content: beer is three fifty to four bucks a bottle here. I pretty much switch to rum for the duration...

Cheers!

Ok speaking of submarine, take a look at this...

View attachment 393738

It's a f'ing cat backpack. She puts her f'ing cat in a f'ing backpack and peddles her f'ing bike around San Fran-f'ing-cisco. I told her to take the thing down to Fishermans Wharf and toss the f'ing thing into the bay. The cat could wave goodbye as it's f'ing submarine sailed past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge.

I should have signed up for involuntary sterilization when it was suggested.

I hope she poked holes in that thing so it could breath.

Well, I *had* made a remark about the young lady's "back pu*sy," but then I was like, "... ****, I think that's Paulie's daughter, that's over the line, even for me"... but now I'm remembering that time you were on here trying to pimp her out... so yeah, you probably *should* have gone ahead with that sterilization.

Oh, no, we just rent villas for two weeks wherever we go. I don't think the Spousal Unit and I feel it makes sense to have just one place to go as we love all of the Bahamas Out Islands and wouldn't want to settle on just one. She goes on VRBO and Homeaway.com and finds really good places at fair prices, then we decide which island we want to go to.

We have been through the Abacos, and all of the Out Islands at least twice each over the nearly 20 years we've been doing this. This trip we're on Long Island for the third time in that span. Beautiful islans but it got ferociusly nailed by hurricanes last fall. We just got back to our villa after hanging at a watering hole with a bunch of acquaintances and heard their stories. Truly apocryphal - 7 weeks without electricity for most of the island, the roads in the southern half flooded and impassable for weeks, people we've met had entire roofs ripped off their homes and worse. Effin' tragic, really. But the folks persist.

Obligatory HBT content: beer is three fifty to four bucks a bottle here. I pretty much switch to rum for the duration...

Cheers!

VRBO is amazing, book ahead and you'll find stupid deals. We use every time we 'travel' (usually in state). Rates barely over nice hotel/resort prices and you get your own house. We've gotten even better deals in warm weather locations. Vacasa is a solid vacation booking joint as well, but that might only be west coast, not sure.

I've never used it. Is it international? We booked a house in Germany for this summer, but haven't yet found accommodations in Paris. A house is so much easier when traveling with kids.

I've never used it. Is it international? We booked a house in Germany for this summer, but haven't yet found accommodations in Paris. A house is so much easier when traveling with kids.

Let us know if you find any good european sites. I've pretty much decided on Edinburgh or Inverness for late summer. There's a lot of good sites just for Scotland.

Home away.com
Found a great place for the 3 days in Paris. Really reasonable. A single night at a nice hotel is the same price as 3 nights in a 3 bedroom flat.

Dude, if you go to Scotland, Ben Nevis is a great distillery to take a tour of. Small, but really nice. Made from the best water in Scotland.

Dude, if you go to Scotland, Ben Nevis is a great distillery to take a tour of. Small, but really nice. Made from the best water in Scotland.

I googled it the day you posted. Looks beautiful. Ill do a lot of travelling from those homebases. Ben Nevis is going on the list. Havent even researched my scotch agenda yet. Thanks for the info.

So, I'm assuming at least a couple of you clowns have spent some time in Munich. We're doing two weeks there this summer, hanging out with the BIL. Recommendations?

Never been to Munich. We will be spending time in Mannheim, Heidelberg, the black Forrest and Berlin this trip. Will be jumping off to Switzerland and the Alsace- Lorraine region of France. I hope to visit Munich the next time. It was between Munich and Berlin, and I really wanted to see the museums in Berlin and see check point Charlie!

Two words: Kloster Andechs. A must do.
Also, even a rental Toyota can hit 200 klicks on the autobahn given enough time with the go pedal mashed. Fun!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back