So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to be retired! ....Pushing brew day to Monday. Wife wants to be sure we don't run out of Pale Ale Going to experiment a little by using mostly Falconer's Flight with a little Amarillo in there to balance out the "C" hops.

Don
Primary #1 - nothing
Primary #2 - nothing
Kegged - APA, Joe IPA Clone, Black Butte Porter Clone
Bottled - Oatmeal Stout, APA, Rye IPA

I brewed up my first batch of Bier Muncher's OktoberFast today. I'm also planning to make something on the holiday Monday but am not sure what yet...

Made an attempt at a 17%+ Imperial Stout yesterday. OG came in at 1.129 with around 32 more points worth of adjuncts to add along the way as fermentation slows down. Hoping it tastes OK once its done...

trying to get my house porter down going to brew up 7 gallons of round 2 Saturday. 5 gallons in the keg 1 gallon on some oak and 1 gallon with some chipotle peppers.

Brewed a Falconer's Flight APA today.... just finished the clean-up (3:30) started at 9:00AM... I'm tired! I think this was my first brew completely by myself from start to finish (usually my wife or a friend brews with me) ... hard work for a 60-something one-armed man!!

Don
Primary #1 - Flaconer's Fight APA
Primay #2 - empty
Kegged - APA, Joe IPA Clone. Black Butte Porter Clone
Bottled - Rye IPA, APA, Oatmeal Stout, Black Butte Porter Clone (brewed a little extra!)

Very cool - I just tried my first Kentucky Common (6row, flaked corn...). Really excited about this. Fermentation is going well.

I think it is going to taste like the illegitimate child of a dunkel and pilsner

We shall see!:mug:

Monday afternoon I brewed a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe, it was a Hobgoblin Dark English Ale clone from Jaspers. The grains and hops sure smelled good while brewing. I guess I'll know how it turned out in a few weeks. I've never tried the original but it sounded good so I thought, why not?

Just made my first all grain Smash, Marris Otter and Mosaic. Used my new BIAB system and it worked better than expected. Only problem is that I didn't add enough water so instead of getting 5 gallons at 1.056OG I got 4.5 gallons of 1.068.. So it'll be a little stronger than expected and I'll just call it a session :p

Brewing my Belgian IPA this weekend... bottling my Tequila Barrel Porter next. Going to be brewing a lot the next few weeks. Very excited about my beer menu come December :)

SWMBO has been upset about how much time I've been spending brewing on the weekends recently (playing catch-up after taking almost the whole summer off from brewing)...

So I'll brew Friday instead :) I've got this sweet little straight ahead mid-west style IPA in mind (think Bell's Two-Hearted Ale)

With a little one at home I'm in the same boat. Friday night has become my brew time. Mashed in at 615, all done by 10. Love BIAB

With a little one at home I'm in the same boat. Friday night has become my brew time. Mashed in at 615, all done by 10. Love BIAB

I also BIAB. I wish I could get a session done in a 3hrs 45mins. I only have 7 brews under my belt and I'm getting quicker each time. This past week-end was my quickest 4hrs 45 min. :rockin: Get tired of getting grief from the SWMBO.:(

I get everything ready the night before including filling my kettle. I fire the burner up on my way in the house, take care of family duties while it heats, mash at 615 and im free for another hour. Boil by 730 for an hour, then chilling/cleanup usually done by 10 and I'm actually pretty freed up most of the night

I need to work on prep the morning or night before. I may need to give a Friday night brew a shot. Wifey is normally worthless Friday nights anyway. That is her night to veg. Thanks for the advice!

Saturday I'm doing ten gallons of bells two hearted clone I found awhile back here in the recipes. Good stuff. Sunday is a 1 gal test batch of wee heavy. Never brewed anything in the style and not sure I will even like it.

hazelnut brown ale. Picking up the grains today. Doing some finishing steps of getting my control box done for a simple hotplate HERMS.
Off and running tomorrow.

Definitely gonna get something brewed tomorrow.
Probably an ESB - just kicked a keg of it last weekend.
BS says I have everything I need in stock...

Cheers!

Too quiet here :)

As threatened I did indeed knock out a fresh batch of ESB.
Freaky perfect brew day: weather was a 10, hit the trifecta with dead nuts mash and sparge pH, pre and post-boil volumes, and SG into the fermentor.

ESB #9 in the carboy, ESB #8 in the dead keg (gotta clean that tonight)...

ab_15oct2016_01.jpg

Cheers! :mug:

On the morrow I will be brewing a not to BJCP specs Cali Common. ABV is going to be in the 6.5% range so that's why I say not to specs. It's two row, some crystal, whole cone Columbus, and a nice big starter of WLP 862.

I am a mashing and listening to the radio on a nice quiet sunday morning! I want to see if I can tell the difference in a beer that is mashed at 151 compared to mashed at 156? I have a poor pallet ! And I can't spell! Cheers!

Boiling an Ocktoberfest lager right now. Mashed in at 156. Let it drop to 154. Stirred it down to 152 about halfway through. 84% mash efficiency. Nice......

Getting ready to try out some modified/new equipment and brew a GumballHead clone from Great Fermentations. I bought this before I bought all my equipment for all grain, so this will be my last (well... unless something weird happens) extract batch.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1476644179.878471.jpg

I modified and soldered the upper fitting in and set everything else up. So here's to hoping it all works well! Hahaha The recirc pump is for use during chilling, but I don't figure it hurts to run it to keep temps even up to boil? Ya?

Racked a Kolsch for cold conditioning, and brewed up a batch of Altbier. Both used WY1007. Thought about doing a double brew day but I was too beat after cleaning up, so did some yard work, then relaxed with a couple of brews. The DoubleAlt will wait until next weekend.

TWO biab batches today.
Mashing a Munich IPA at 156 right now to be pitched on a pale ale yeast cake.
Kolsch up next.

Brewing up a Pilsner.

Beautiful day in Colorado...sitting outside smoking a cigar and watching Red Zone. Days like this make me glad I'm an outdoor brewer.

Back