What do your wives think of your hobby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF???

I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home, but come on, that's kind of an icky mental picture.

First the Layne Bryant fiasco and now sticky man cousin buds... eeughh

Welcome to my nightmare...
-Me

Oh and on topic, I dont think she would be as cool with it in seeing how much I am enjoying the fruits of my labor tonight.

****... And its not even fight night yet! I better slow my roll or rethink who Im gonna share this one with!

Hops are a cousin of weed

Yeah, I know but it just sounded funny. To me at least...

And just so I don't hijack again, my wife is ok with it. She is becoming more ok with it since I have started on a couple of wines and wheat beers. She's not such a church lady after a couple of glasses of wine, which I like...:ban:

Or maybe she's more of a church lady...? hmmmm.

My SWMBO is glad that I have something to do now instead of being an *******. She doesn't like the money that I have dumped into equipment so far, but I gave her some money to blow and now she is quiet. Oh well, I work and she is a stay at home mom. I am glad I am not a stay at home dad!

I'm blessed with a SMWBO who loves my beer, puts up with my mess, enjoys a good buzz with a pint of my Wounded Knee IPA late in the afternoon, and made me build a brewhaus. Now she is patiently waiting for me to finish so she can reclaim the living room, garage, kitchen, mud room, & laundry room. :D

I'm blessed with a SMWBO who loves my beer, puts up with my mess, enjoys a good buzz with a pint of my Wounded Knee IPA late in the afternoon, and made me build a brewhaus. Now she is patiently waiting for me to finish so she can reclaim the living room, garage, kitchen, mud room, & laundry room. :D

Change your signature dude.

My wife thinks my home brewing is awesome, she let me build this home bar. Hell she enjoys sitting in the bar drinking as well!!

HOmeBar1.jpg

I am proud to say my bride fits in the "Supportive" category. Only odd thing I have ever heard out of her mouth was "Smells Different" when brewing my first batch. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing...lol...She is not much of a beer drinker (not much of a drinker at all to be honest) but has always wanted to taste everything to see what it is all about. I also never hear a word about money I spend either. We have a really cool set up with our money where we both get an allowance of "Mad Money" and the rest of our pay goes to the family account for bills and savings. She spends hers on books and eating out at lunch. I bring PB&J to lunch every day and spend all my cash on beer....:D

My SWMBO actually went and bought me a new burner and recipe kit so I would start brewing again after I gave mine to a friend who lost it. She likes some of my beers but mostly I think she likes me to have hobbies that keep me at home...

BTW, she likes the SWMBO moniker because she says it offsets the fact that our minister insisted on leaving "obey" in her wedding vows... It is certainly a term of affection in our case.

Her - last night - "My aunt is coming to town in April (from West Virginia) - you really need to brew up something special"

Of course... that'll probably need to be something BMCable - or some afpelwein... either way, she supports my hobby.

My wife doesn't mind at all. I brew in the garage and ferment and keg in the basement, so the process is never in her way. So long as I keep at least one IPA on tap for her, she's good.

I'd like to build a 6 top bar, but I don't have 4 other friends!

SWMBO is semi-supportive of the hobby, but really gets into it when I brew something for her. We only share money for the household bills, so anything left over is mine or hers to spend as we please. She crafts & reads, I brew & woodwork. It works out good. There are days when we're both in the house that I won't see her for 10-12 hours at a time, but I know shes here. & we're cool with that.

All in all, she bought me my first equipment kit, and tolerates cases of beer hiding all over the house. I call that supportive.

I'd like to build a 6 top bar, but I don't have 4 other friends!

SWMBO is semi-supportive of the hobby, but really gets into it when I brew something for her. We only share money for the household bills, so anything left over is mine or hers to spend as we please. She crafts & reads, I brew & woodwork. It works out good. There are days when we're both in the house that I won't see her for 10-12 hours at a time, but I know shes here. & we're cool with that.

All in all, she bought me my first equipment kit, and tolerates cases of beer hiding all over the house. I call that supportive.

Memememememememememememe

I AM YOUR FRIEND!!!
Only 3 more to go - go ahead and get to work on that bar you were speaking of!
-Me

I have no one to answer to... my roommate and I split rent so thats that, though I gotta say Im taking up more than my fair share of the apt with my brewing equipment, he really doesnt complain. Hell, the g/f even helped me brew today!!

I can hardly afford brewing, let alone several wives, damn.

My wife was a little scared at first, though she never objected. She has even been known to go to the LHBS with me and help me shop. She likes to use the grain crusher.
The one thing she really hates though is the following phrase -"Honey, will you taste this?" She is really not a drinker at all (except for hot buttered rum). I did do one batch though that she liked enough to take my last glass of it right out of my hand (I held it back for aging and was so looking forward to it) Today she asked me to brew that one again.:mug:

Sorry for the rambling - pain pills kicked in:drunk:

It was my wife who bought me a homebrew kit for Christmas! Though I think she may have bought it for herself instead. She tolerates my hobbies very well. And considering what my other hobbies are, I consider myself extremely lucky!

Mine is supportive but hates the smell of brewing. Doesn't mind drinking the results and has helped me brew more than a few times.

My wife is the same way. She hates the smell of the boil, but she doesn't have any problem trying the finished product. And, to help keep her supportive, I let her pick out what she wanted for my second batch.

I'm among the fortunate ones who has a very supportive wife, even if she is really not a beer amateur, she hardly never drinks but when she does, she's more inclined towards Red wine.

But she doesn't mind me brewing at all, she likes the idea of me saving a lot of money on beer compared to the store bought stuff, here in Quebec, liquor is brutally taxed so i save a lot brewing my own, not to mention how so much better home brews taste.

She enjoys a sip from my beer here and there just so she can taste the stuff and i think she is getting rather good about spotting different types of flavor profiles.

She even helps out with the bottling process sometimes.

Hey whats a guy to complain about with such a cool wife? :D

Hey guys-

Reading some post tonight about SWMBO (which I think is the STUPIDEST damn acronym ever, but that's for another rant)..

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks SWMBO is stupid... closely followed by RDWHASDASDASDASDHB...

My WIFE and I started making wine together and then moved on to beer. She doesn't really help me with the beer anymore, but I think after the baby I will try and get her more involved. I know she liked doing it, but I think she stays out of my way because my father and I have been brewing together...

Nice basement, mmb!

My wife is very supportive and has become kind of a beer snob herself. She actually likes the smell of beer brewing. Especially hops. She loves hoppy beers and loves the smell of them going into the brew kettle. She likes to hang out with me when I'm brewing and her one complaint this time of year is that it is too cold in the garage for her. She can stay out there for only so long before she has to go back inside. In summer, she likes for me to brew in the backyard. We both sit outside and have a few homebrews!

Back