Pulse Oxy Strong replaced Sun Oxygen Cleaner??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nierika

Reaction score
Has anyone used Pulse Oxy Strong? I usually buy the Sun Oxygen cleaner from Family Dollar, but they seem to have stopped carrying Sun and now have Pulse instead. I called the company that makes it and they claim that is is only sodium percarbonate with no added dyes or perfumes, but my nose says otherwise. There is a slight fragrance to it, and when I have used it, it almost smells like citrus while it is actively working. I'm on the fence as to whether I should use it. Also, It doesn't seem to pack the same punch the Sun Oxygen cleaner does.

Any thoughts/observations? Anyone else see their Family Dollar supply of Sun drying up?

It is not at the local Dollar store here anymore either. I was told they are repackaging/rebranding their products but the contents of the tub is the same. I'm not sure if I believe that as it seems to be a lot smaller particle size in the new stuff. I haven't notices a fragrance but then again I don't make it a habit of going around and sniffing fine white powder. It still seems to clean the same and I guess that is all that really matters.

Back