The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've lost interest overall, but watched enough to know what's going on and what happened tonight.

So why don't they just set a sniper somewhere and while he's walking around all cocky and ****, but a bullet through his head and assassinate his ass?

I was leaning toward it being Abraham. Bingo. Glenn was a surprise. My wife suggested it would be two people. I picked Eugene as a possible second.

But hey, turns out they pop his eye back in, give him some willow bark, and he's back in a few episodes.

Spoiler Alert if you have not watched!

So I am watching and thinking, sure he would have shot Rick in the RV, but Rick *could* have buried that hatchet in Neegan's skull at the same time - a bit of mutually assured destruction.

Sure, I know it wouldn't have fit in with the comic and all, but it would have slaked the audience's thirst for revenge for what happened tonight.

The 'vampire bat' comment made us all chuckle despite the drama we just witnessed.

I predicted either Eugene or Abraham, but didn't think they would mess with Glenn after his fairly recent death scare. Unreal. Episode was painful to watch, in a good way.

Holy f***ing s***. Holy f***ing s***! HOLY F***ING S***! *SPOILERS!*

You Can Breathe, You Can Blink, You Can Cry
So we have our answer, and it's a two-fer, Abarham and then Glenn fall to Lucille. Look, there's not much to add here, other than the emotional arrogance of Darryl results in Glenn's death; challenging Negan is a mistake without a very carefully thought out plan, clearly.

Lucille is a Vampire Bat
I should hate Negan, but his sort of "devil may care" attitude and tendency for jokes is, in a weird and twisted way, endearing. Negan should be the main villain for a while, he's evil, but not in a way that is too over the top and that is not without personality. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the perfect guy to play the bat-wielding villain.

Get My Axe
Negan is, if nothing else, adept at making the correct visual presentation. The members of Rick's group not only see that he is capable of violently, physically dominating them, he's capable of mentally doing so as well. Breaking Rick by making him choose between Carl's arm and the rest of the group is heartbreaking and horrifying, but also serves as an excellent notice to everyone else.

Gotta say, as much as people hated the cliffhanger, it payed off in the end, in gory and emotional fashion. Where ever the series heads from here, I suspect it will get worse before it gets better.

My favorite part was where Rizzo borrowed Negan's bat and used it to beat the living **** out of the Cleveland Indians.

Oops, spoiler...that episode airs Tuesday.

Wow... I have never seen anything like this in a TV Show. This was so psycho that I shut down emotionally - seriously...

The thing that gets me about the show, and I love the show, BUT, it seems like the writers are eventually gonna paint themselves into a corner. They keep raising the bar when it comes to shock value! Even with the "anything goes" society we have now, eventually, they're going to have to do some back pedaling, it seems. Or maybe a season or two of milder content to lull viewers into a false sense of security.

The thing that gets me about the show, and I love the show, BUT, it seems like the writers are eventually gonna paint themselves into a corner. They keep raising the bar when it comes to shock value! Even with the "anything goes" society we have now, eventually, they're going to have to do some back pedaling, it seems. Or maybe a season or two of milder content to lull viewers into a false sense of security.

Well, from what comics readers tell me, this is sort of a turning point for Rick and the group. A lot of what comes next is about building a larger community, an alliance to take on Negan, and all that entails. Essentially going from raw survival towards building a civilization, of sorts.

Well, from what comics readers tell me, this is sort of a turning point for Rick and the group. A lot of what comes next is about building a larger community, an alliance to take on Negan, and all that entails. Essentially going from raw survival towards building a civilization, of sorts.

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing happening at least for the remainder of this season, and it's really cool to think of everything that goes into rebuilding civilization "as we knew it", I just don't know how they will top the season opener in the future. There's already groups whining about how the show has gone too far, lol, so it's hard to imagine a future episode with MORE violence or gut wrenching drama.*

*disclaimer: I have ZERO problems with the way the show has played out, I love the fact that it has reached out and grabbed people the way it has, I mean, that's good TV, after all. I'm just saying that the writers of the show are going to have a tough time getting anything more graphic on air. I think the edge of the stratosphere has been reached.

In all honesty though, Glenn should've been dead episodes ago, and the whole Daryl outburst was just bad writing. Otherwise, some seriously nasty **** last night, eh?

by the comics this is exactly where Glenn should have been dead...though I still don't have to like it..

Poor Glenn. Why keep him around just to kill him off like that? I mean I know that's how he dies in the comics but it just seemed excessive.

Back to the jail...

Sorry for this in advance.

2BBE44BB-36DA-47B4-8C92-39169A545CBE_zpsktatf7fo.jpg

Finally caught up on The Talking Dead ... Ha! Love the line from Negan to Daryl near the end of the show. Something like, "If Daryl hadn't said anything, Glenn would be alive." or whatever it was.

Finally caught up on The Talking Dead ... Ha! Love the line from Negan to Daryl near the end of the show. Something like, "If Daryl hadn't said anything, Glenn would be alive." or whatever it was.

I watched Talking Dead and thought that was a great comment. The rest, thought, was horrible. Do people get that this is a show and these are well paid actors? Man, there were people crying. There were people saying so and so was "brave". What? Get a life people. Watch and enjoy the show. News flash: Steven Yeun and Michael Cudlitz aren't really dead!

I watched Talking Dead and thought that was a great comment. The rest, thought, was horrible. Do people get that this is a show and these are well paid actors? Man, there were people crying. There were people saying so and so was "brave". What? Get a life people. Watch and enjoy the show. News flash: Steven Yeun and Michael Cudlitz aren't really dead!

so, you've never watched a tv show or movie and gotten emotional over something happening to a character?

YOU DIDN'T CRY AT THE END OF "OLD YELLER" ?

heartless bastid

Ha-ha! I enjoy the show and I am good with suspension of disbelief. It's the reaction some people have after watching the show.

Perhaps I should be saying this on the things that annoy me thread!

The hard thing about Glenn's death was that he had been with the show from the start. Abraham dying was pretty "meh" to me, even though I liked him as a character, but it was really hard watching Glenn die. It was basically like losing someone I've known for the last 6 years. On top of that, his murder scene was freakin brutal!

seem to remember a thread here on HBT about movies/tv scenes which made you cry

my list:

• Old Yeller
  • Brian's Song
  • M*A*S*H (when Radar brings news Henry's plane was shot down)
  • Rudy (how can a kid sacking a quarterback make me so emotional?)
  • Return of the King ("my friends, you bow to no one")
  • Shawshank Redemption (I mist up when Red starts talking about missing his friend and I'm full-blown weeping by the time Andy sees him walking down the beach)
there. I said it

So, do walker fed pigs poison people who eat them or is it just a jab?

Twice we've seen a punch thrown at Negan's group. Stage setting for rebellion.

A zombie apocalypse Ren Faire society would be a blast.

So, do walker fed pigs poison people who eat them or is it just a jab?

Back when the group from Terminus was eating Bob's leg they freaked out when they learned he had been bitten/infected. Then the leader guy calmed them saying that they had properly cooked it. So I'm guessing as long as they properly cook the pig meat they will be fine, though I can't assume it would taste very good...

I think this is just the apocalypse equivalent of spitting in someone you don't like's food.

Interestingly, I believe I've heard someplace that those few who have actually cannibalized report that human flesh tastes most similar to pork. So... they probably would never notice.

I agree with the spit comment, that's all this is.

Latest posts

Back