How long did it take you to go from 2 kegs.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
To having an additional 2-3-4 +++ conditioning and/or needing more space than a Oster 2 keg system?

Guess I've decided on the Oster conversion, and then add a Keezer that would be out in the Garage for Lagers or additional Kegs for conditioning. Just wondering how long it took others to migrate from one two tap to Lots of Kegs in the pipeline.

6 months... now I have 7!

I like having an extra or three around, even though my 'fridge only holds 2 (yes I need a keezer!). I use kegs for dry hopping, and I always have a stout or porter aging in a keg.

I have a 6 keg keezer, but only two on tap at any point in time right now. I think you have a good plan of get the oster going now, then keep your eyes on Craigslist for a freezer for additional storage space. Storage space for more than two kegs will be desired fairly quickly, but two on tap isn't a bad number

Have 5 cornys, but only can pull beer from two. Keeping an eye on craigslist for a freezer

I have two on tap but have a dozen kegs. Also have 2 15 gallon commercial kegs available if I can figure out how to not only remover the connector for cleaning but also the re-assembly.

Alas, everything I pour has too much foam.

Middle of October, I bought a 2 keg system. Then, CHI had a two keg deal, so I got two more. Then, they had a four keg deal, so I got four more. Then, Midwest had 3 gallon used kegs, so now I have nine kegs.

Six of them are full (or partly full) in the kegerator now (kegged an Alt today).

Now, I need to brew a small batch for the 3 gallon and I will only have two empties.

They build up fast.

:D

Ordered the 2 keg set up as per HBT suggestion (thanks guys!) And within one week had 4 more (now I just have to get fittings to expand.)

I started with four...another two arrived less than two months later. I have at least nine now. I stopped counting and just started collecting.

I have seven kegs, but only have two regular taps and two cobras. For the last few months, I've had two beers on tap and one of my brewyear's resolutions for this year is to have four taps on at all times.

I figure a dozen kegs is will be where I'll be at by the end of the year.

I have two on tap but have a dozen kegs. Also have 2 15 gallon commercial kegs available if I can figure out how to not only remover the connector for cleaning but also the re-assembly.

Alas, everything I pour has too much foam.

Do a search for line balancing; there are a number of posts that might help out your pour, including a calculation table. Probably too much pressure and/or to short of a beer line. There's also guides on removing sankey spears, typically there is a ring you can snap out and turn the spear to align to a notch and pull out the whole assembly. If you can't find them, start a new thread and we'll do the leg work :)

I started with 3 cornies, and am up to 8 in less then 6 months. I'd probably be getting more, but I can only have 2 on tap (I have a third on tap with picnic tap serving hard spiced cider, almost gone though :)

I bought a keg for my first lager. Then bought the 3 keg system. l need at least 2 more kegs for whats coming out of the pipeline. Only took 2 months to know I needed more.

3 months ago I starter with a 4 keg kit from keg connection. I just bought 12 more kegs from insco2(HBT classifieds - best deal out there). My keezer can hold 8 kegs, but I currently only have 2 taps, so upgrading that to 4 will be my next purchase.

I bought 13 kegs from pedalbiker.

Before I had ever brewed my own batch. *(I had brewed with a friend)

Now I have a keezer with 3 taps, I'm going to add another tap next month when I get around to it. I also have 2 kegs in the mud room chilling out, I gas them and drink from them whenever...

I need more kegs!

Why do I keep thinking I need more kegs ?

I have never had more than 2 avail at any time ...I have 8 now

I guess I like to be prepared .. the keezer is big enough, that is for sure ..

I have 4 taps on my kegerator with 4 kegs inside, this is the max it will hold. I have another 4 kegs in backup so when one dies I have another ready to go it. Can a man ever have to much Stainless?

I started with two because my fridge held 2 kegs. A few months later got 6 more. 8 kegs sounded like too many at the time. Now i have a coldplate inside my mini fridge so i can do 4 kegs on tap.

Because my kegs are carbed warm and dispensed through a cold plate, they are real easy to switch out. If i am tired of the ipa i have on tap, i hook up whatever i want and pour the ipa till it changes to the color of the next beer.

So I want as many kegs as i can find. 8 is a lot to fill though.

8 is a lot to fill though.

I have 8, but I only have one empty right now (starsan solution).... Of course, I ferment in keg so that ties them up. 2 on tap, 1 on picnic tap, 2 in secondary, 2 in primary... If only I had a keezer. I need to get a house!

4 taps and 9 kegs.
i like to force carb hard lemonade and appfelwein after backsweetening and bottle those using beermunchers bottle filler.

Now i have a coldplate inside my mini fridge so i can do 4 kegs on tap.

Because my kegs are carbed warm and dispensed through a cold plate, they are real easy to switch out. If i am tired of the ipa i have on tap, i hook up whatever i want and pour the ipa till it changes to the color of the next beer.

I have thought of doing something like that upstairs in my office.

How well does it work?

Do you have any pics of your setup?

Got a Kenmore Kegerator off of freecycle, and I figured "go big or go home". I got 12 cornies all at once and have three taps (max I can fit in the kegerator).

However, I also use them as fermenters and keep starsan/blc kegged ready to go.

My plan is to have enough kegs that I have some high gravity beers available for the two or three years it take for my homegrown hops and barley to get established after the zombiepocalypse.

Back