Noob brewer/Expert drinker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
Well a friend of mine who just finished his 3rd batch got me hooked on brewing, i've been hooked on beer for quite some time.

I'm located in MN and the wife hit up Midwest Supplies for a Better Bottle Brew kit/bottles/brew pot/Autumn Amber kit for my xmas/birthday gift. I couldn't be happier, especially knowing that there is 5 gallons of beer fermenting in my basement as I type this.

Now if I only had some home brew to make the wait a bit more beerable.

Just gotta say i've enjoyed reading the forums thus far and have learned tons and can't wait to have a few batches under my belt or er in my belly.

Welcome aboard.

You're going to need to return to Midwest and pick up more fermenters...more ingredients...and more "stuff".

I'm just giving you some early advice. :D

LOL

So true, already planning a return trip for more "stuff"

As if I didn't already have enough hobbies already.

Welcome :)
The Midwest Autumn Amber was my first homebrew also, you'll be very happy, and like BierMuncher said, You're going to need to return to Midwest and pick up more fermenters...more ingredients...and more "stuff".

Was a bit worried about the temp of my 3 day old ale so I brought it up out of the basement to keep temps safely between 60-70. A basement in MN is no place for an ale, maybe I should have started with a lager :D

Thanks all for the welcome.

Nice avatar Brakeman, its been tough watching them lately though.

As for more "stuff" I've been thinking another airlock and beer kit so I can keep the primary and secondary full :tank:

Back