What a site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_steve

Reaction score
Stumbled across this site last week and can't put it away . I've been reading for a week straight. With all the reading I'm ready to try brewing. Many years ago I done malt extracts. I want to try a small 2 grain 5 gallon batch. I have all the equipment (just need to knock the dust off) I live in western Michigan.
Anyone know of local supply house or support groups in my area.
Thanks in advanced Big_steve

Hey and welcome, Sorry I'm not from the Michigan area, but I'm sure someone should be able to pop in and help. Have a fun time you'll learn TONS here, I learn more every day

it depends on where in western michigan you are.

kalamazoo area check out bells general store
marshall has dark horse general store(only open thur-sat)
gr has a ew to choose from but i've never been to any of them.

Howdy! GR has Siciliano's Market, which is possibly the best LHBS I've been to. TC has Diversions, which has the basics, but not nearly as much All Grain stuff as Siciliano's Market. I also bought a sack of Grain from Right Brain Brewery in TC, so you might ask a nearby brewery if they have anything.

Otherwise, most everything you could want is available from online sources like Norther Brewer, Midwest Brewing, Austin Homebrew, etc.

BTW - I'm in Reed City. Are you near Muskegon? Or north or south of there? (THis is a fun game!)

Wasn't impressed with Sicilliaon. Don't seem to want to spend time with a customer. They will point you in a direction. But don't to give advise. Eye rolls when you ask questions. Just my two cents

I couldn't agree more, I also just found this site and I can't stop looking at recipies and the different things people have been doing to the good old classic beers. Thank you Home Brew Talk!

Jared

Welcome form another Michigander!! I am from the east side of the state(St. Clair Shores). You are right this site is addicting. I think I already have the fever(addiction). You sound like me. I brewed about 15 years ago and recently picked it back up. There is a lot of new info out there, plus we have the internet! Have fun brewing.

Welcome to HBT. Yooperbrew is the best Michigan support group you will find..... Ummm, oh yeah, and I think Revvy is up your way too..... and.... Well, there are several.
Did I say welcome?!?!

Wasn't impressed with Sicilliaon. Don't seem to want to spend time with a customer. They will point you in a direction. But don't to give advise. Eye rolls when you ask questions. Just my two cents

Wow, that is exactly the opposite sort of service I normally receive there. I haven't been there in a while, because it's bit of a drive, but every time I've been there they've walked me over to the pieces parts I need, and look up recipes and help gather ingredients and asked many questions about my kegging system so they could get me the correct parts.

Maybe I've just been lucky so far. Their selection is better than any shop north of US10 and west of 131.

Welcome! Prepare for an addiction with major withdrawal symptoms. I'm dying to get back to the states to start up a batch of beer. At least I have one batch of beer and one batch of cider back home waiting for me. That'll at least keep me happy until the next brew is done.

Back