Grog Tag Damage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdaddybrew

Reaction score
I bought 2 dozen Grog Tags. I really like them and want them to last.
I used my finger nail to remove one and damaged the edge.

What is the best way to lift the edge to remove them?
Do you leave them on when washing and sanitizing the bottles?
Do you wash or rinse the labels?

About to place my order at Grogtag (gift certificate for my birthday), so I'm following. I read to use something sharp (like knife or razor blade) to start the peel is best.

I am finding it is best to run the bottle under warm water. It softens the adhesive and then using the edge of my thumbnail it comes right off. I am afraid that a sharper knife might cut the label. After that I have been putting them back on the original sticker sheet. So far I really like them.

Different question about GrogTag.

I placed an order, but never received an order confirmation, and can't seem to get a response about he order from the site. Do you get a confirmation right away, or does it not send out until the order has been printed and shipped. My card hasn't been charged, but I don't know if the ordered was actually received and processed.

Any help?

Seems like I got a confirmation within 24 hours but I already deleted it so I can't be sure how quick it was.

Different question about GrogTag.

I placed an order, but never received an order confirmation, and can't seem to get a response about he order from the site. Do you get a confirmation right away, or does it not send out until the order has been printed and shipped. My card hasn't been charged, but I don't know if the ordered was actually received and processed.

Any help?

My response was almost instant, as email order confirmation. Their customer service response by email was fast also, so something must have gone wrong with yours. Good luck!

My response was almost instant, as email order confirmation. Their customer service response by email was fast also, so something must have gone wrong with yours. Good luck!

Thanks. I got if figured out. Should be good now.

I just use my fingernail to carefully peel a corner of the label. They seem to come off pretty easy for me without any damage so far. Make sure you save the original sheet that you pull it off of. That way you can put it back on the sheet for later use.

I don't remove the extra trim on the sheets but now that you say it, I will. I soaked one bottle with label in some Sun Oxy cleaner and water overnight with my other bottles. Part of the edge color peeled away so...Do not soak in Sun Oxy clean overnight. It wasn't a test I just didn't think about it so I'm bummed about that label.

I bought 2 dozen Grog Tags. I really like them and want them to last.
I used my finger nail to remove one and damaged the edge.

What is the best way to lift the edge to remove them?
Do you leave them on when washing and sanitizing the bottles?
Do you wash or rinse the labels?

You should give BeerClings a try. You don't have to worry about damaging them or the adhesive wearing out. They are not rigid nor are they a sticker. If your looking for longevity, these fellas don't wear out. If you want, PM me and I will send you some $$ to use on the site and you can do you own compare. I think you will like them.

Back