Force Carbing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
A while back I kegged a batch of Kolch and a batch of Pale Ale and put them in the lagerator to chill to 39 degrees. I dialed up my regulator to 12 psi and put it on each keg for a minute or so. ( I have not gotten around to putting in a 4 way T to force carb 3 kegs at a time yet).

I then left it on one keg while I went to work and the next day I put on the other keg. Each time, I could hear gas going into the corny. This continued for a couple weeks as I would leave it on one keg for 3 days at a time while I traveled for work.

Now I noticed when I switch it back and forth, I do not hear any gas. Am I correct in assuming the keg of beer has reached equilibrium with the 12 psi I am applying?

EdWort said:
Now I noticed when I switch it back and forth, I do not hear any gas. Am I correct in assuming the keg of beer has reached equilibrium with the 12 psi I am applying?

Yep, sounds like it's ready!

Back