time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo! Guessed as I was leaving work.

sweet potato porter

Showed up right after yours. Always a day late and a dollar short.

Clann, if you want to post a beer you can, I'm in the process of moving and don't have anything to take a picture of.

downsize.jpg

Third batch ever. The lighting sucked in the basement so keep in mind how that affected the image. The hint is it was made with a beach in mind and friends who hadn't moved past the staples of the US beer market yet.

I am looking for a specific answer, not just a style!

no one has got it yet but i'm starting to think on the standpoint of my idea book, wrong answers are even better than right ones :)

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, or because I haven't cracked one of these open in a while, you decide. And for my next clue...
DSCF00442.JPG

Cheers!

p.s. there are actually two clues above though the second is quite subtle.

Germelli1 - Hahaha :mug: I guess a cheat deserves a cheat!

Nut Brown?

I'm going with "I haven't cracked one of these open in a while..." as the second subtle clue.

Okay, summing this guess up "End of Scooby Doo" style.

You said reminds you of cold breakfast. Then there's a nut reference. So it must be:

*AUDIBLE GASP* HONEY NUT BROWN?!?! [in shocked, Velma voice]

I was thinking Honey Nut Cheerios

you got it!

the base is a english nut brown and I threw almost enough honey in it to call it a braggot.

I named it Honey Nut Cheerio !

I named it Honey Nut Cheerio !

Oh good lord that is hilarious! Absolutely love it! When you tell someone the name you do give your voice the high-pitch British accent at "Cheerio"? I would hope so.

My contribution. The first hint is the second photo. I want to make hints that test brewers on the little things... the first hint is pretty general but I'll get more specific if nobody gets it.

0508111241.jpg

downsized_0508111250.jpg

Back