Building 3-keg Keezer for 2 craft and 1 commercial, need buying advice for novice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozens

Reaction score
Guys, I'm a total keg novice that's diving full-on in.

I'm about to build a keezer and am looking to buy a kit. I have NO kegs or tanks. I plan to have 3 kegs total, two craft and one commercial. I have a commercial tap and whatever the part is that attaches to commercial kegs.

Two questions:

1) Do I need any additional gear or special equipment to pressurize and serve a commercial tap? If so, can you show/link me to what I need?

2) Considering the above commercial keg info, what kit can I get that supplies me with everything I need for these 3 taps, minus the commercial tap and keg-connection-thing?

Thanks you guys! I'm excited! Wanna order this TONIGHT!!! :)

check out kegconnection.com or any of the other numerous venders on this site. there's a bunch of pretty straight forward websites out there that offer a lot of explanation on what their equipment does/is used for.

By "craft" I assume you mean homebrew? Almost all US brewers use Sankey D couplers, whether it's macro or micro.

I'd put MFL connections on everything for easy swapping of Corney QD or Sankey couplers. And I'd buy two couplers, that way you can run a bunch of different combinations of corney/Sankey. Since 1/6 bbl kegs are about the same size as a Corney you'll probably be able to swap out as needed. Read up on all the hardware/fittings/connectors and go from there!

Back