New guy here (Gainesville, FL)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebbtide

Reaction score
Howdy guys! I'm actually in Williston but Gville is close enough. ;) I have been bitten by the craft and home brew club and looking to give beer brewing a go.

I have my first mead and ciders going in the secondary right now and hopefully in a few weeks will give beer a shot.

I will be reading a lot on this forum to learn before I purchase any beer brew equip.

Mike

Thanks guys! Funny you mention swamp head. I just went over there on Tuesday to try out a brew. I had the cotton mouth and it was very good.

I have recently been bitten by the craft beer bug so I am still learning styles and what I like, after years of AB beer it's a taste shock to me.

Hey Ebbtide!

A lot of us from GNV got to know each other through the forums. I've been working at the LHBS (Hoggetowne Ale Works) for the past year. Stop by and say hi when you are in the area, and we'll have a beer or two (we usually have something on tap to sample).

Well, I'm still waiting to brew my first LOL. Every time I set time aside something unexpected pops up.

I am in the same boat. Great to meet you all here, and I look forward to talking with you more often in the future. Looking to start brewing and getting into this more over time. It seems like a very striking hobby for me, so I'm excited about learning all I can with this to say the least. I guess that over time, I figured, since my recent and current hobby involved
/(involves) drinking it; I thought I would learn more about making it. So, cheers to everyone, and may the beer gods be with us all!

I live in Bristol, FL, but I frequently have to go to Gainesville for appointments at the VA Medical Center there. Sounds like there's a lot down there I need to check out.

Latest posts

Back