Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again another hectic weekend. I will update everything tomorrow. Also still waiting on a couple confirmations. Hope you all have a good holiday!
tom

Sorry that I'm so late to the game but if there is room or confirmations fall through, I'd be interested in two sacks:
1x BZ-DMUN
1x FB-PILS

THANKS!!!

Okay, so NCM isn't getting back to me and we're so busy at my work that I'm not going to have time to call them at the moment. So, I'm going to start this thing with the price sheet I have below. If there is something that needs to be changed, we'll just handle it as the buy goes on. As mentioned above, pick up is going to be at Weak Knee Homebrew in Pottstown PA. Pick up date is TBA. Most of you have been involved in these buys before, but for those who haven't, here is how it works. Look over the catalog and pick out the grains you want. WE ARE ONLY BUYING GRAINS! At the top of the price sheet it will say if the grains come in 50 or 55# sacks. We are going to be in the 2,000-4,000# price bracket. Post what you want in this thread and I will start a list. We need 42 sacks to fill one pallet. When the pallet(s) are full, I will ask you all to confirm your orders. When everything is confirmed, I will send out PM's with your totals. PayPal is the fastest and preferred method to pay, but I will also take personal check or money order as long as they are sent out within 48 hours of getting your total. When all the money is recieved, the order will be placed and shipped. We will set up a pickup time "window" when the delivery date gets closer. I would like to try and get everyones phone numbers this time around. it will make my life a bit easier when it come to payment and pickup times. If you can, PM it to me and also let me kow if I can text you at that number. Let the games begin!
Tom

NCM Catalog link: 2011 Price Sheet

Weak Knee Homebrew address:
1300 N. Charlotte St North End Shopping Center
Pottstown, PA 19464

Current # of sacks: 126

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

beerloaf- BZ-PILS x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-WHET x1/2

milldoggy- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-DWHT x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BD-VIEN x1/3, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GP-RICE x1/2, BD-CHLT x1/4

Hackrsackr- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH x1, CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1, CM-WHT x1/2, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4, BD-MOPA x1, BD-RSTB x1/4

wadefisher- BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-VIEN x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-6ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, GB-MUNH10 x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C75 x1/2, BD-RSTB x1/2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GP-RICE x1, CM-6ROW x1, GP-FLCRN x1

snowveil- CM-2ROW x2, BD-VIEN x1/3

jamin- BZ-PILS x1, TF-MOPA x1

josephus23- CM-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1

rianrt- CM-2ROW x3, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1

idratherbeinmexico- TF-MOPA x1, CM-WHET x1/2

M1Owen- CM-2ROW x1, CM-SPIL x1, BD-PALE x1, TF-GPRM x1/2, CM-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1, GP-RICE x1/2

jturie- CM-2ROW x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-MOPA x1, GB-MUNH10 x1/2

mjwitz- BZ-PILS x2, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH x1/4

Mrott- CM-2ROW x2, CM-6ROW x2, BD-DCRL x1, BD- CHLT x1, BD-BLCK x1, GP-FLCRN x1, BD-MOPA x1, BZ-WHT x1/2

servadia- CM-2ROW x2, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C30 x1/4

Funkster- BZ-PILS x1, GW-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1

Germanrockit- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-MUNH x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-RSTB x3/4, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-CHLT x3/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

Coalcracker- BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1/3, BZ-PILS x1/2, CM-RYEM x1, BZ-PILS x1/2

Driver- CM-PALE x1, BZ-VIEN x1, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BZ-PILS x1/2, BD-CHLT x1/4

Dukeman9988- CM-PALE x1, BZ PILS x1/2, BZ-WHT x1/2

gifty74- BD-MOPA x2, CM-2ROW x2, BD-PILS x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C120 x1/2, CM-WHET x1/2, GW-C60 x1/2

Risser09- GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4

djstabby- CM-PALE x2, BD-MOPA x1, Z-WHT x1

Kaz- BD-MOPA x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-WHT x1, CM-2ROW x1, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

mn_Brew- CM-2ROW x1, TF-MOPA x1

pava- CM-2ROW x2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

mcgearybrewing- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-CRPL x1, TF-GPRM x1/2

nrosage- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1/2

Domes- CM-SPIL x1, CM-PALE x1

stblindtiger- BZ-PILS x1

smarek82- GW-2ROW x1, GB-MUNH10 x1/2

jazzman- CM-SPIL x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1

Okay, compacted everything to one list now since we filled the last pallet. I copy and pasted everything, so there should be no issues. however, you may want to just check over your list to be sure. If everything is okay, no need to post/PM me. The ones who aren't confirmed are also those that never gave me their phone numbers. i am going to send PM's to them now.
Tom

Anyone have Mcgeary's phone number? I had it in my phone when we did the hop buy and for some stupid reason never saved it.
tom

Just to get this ordered, I will take unclaimed grain to. Let's do this. I am down to corn sugar and some dme. All I can make is prison hooch.

I was actually thinking the same thing. mcgeary is a good guy, so he should be fine even if his order is off a bit. I will start getting things worked out and get in touch with NCM as soon as I can.
tom

Missing the rice for the budweiser. I have a friend who can't eat gluten. He can drink bud. I really don't think they use barley.

TomRep said:
Oh and milldoggy, if you need/want grain, I can help you out

Thanks tom. I finished what I had yesterday on flanders red. 1 hour lag time. I racked it on my sour yeast cake. The last beer was only on it for 11 days. So I guess the yeastys were still away. This is the 5th beer on the cake. So funky!

Wadefisher, I am helping tom sort this out, do you want Rice hulls or Flaked Rice, they are the same code on the NCM sheet.

As far as what I have, everyone wanted rice hulls, not flaked rice.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Okay guys, FINALLY got all this straightened out. We are over by 1 sack. However, it's not that easy. We are over by BD-RSTB x 1/4 and BD CHLT x3/4. Obviously we can't have anyone drop a full sack of say, 2ROW, to make up the difference since we are over by partials.
tom

If some wants to pick up a 1/4 chocolate I cam make this easy. I'll drop a full sack of bz-wheat and the 1/4 roasted barley. We would just need to fill the last quarter of that sac of chocolate.

ok, updated, I think. At work now so I will have to figure out our total number of sacks per variety tonight and be emailing NCM tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!
tom

Okay, email is sent to NCM. I did have some issues again with the numbers tonight. I ran through them twice and got the same thing, so I know what we need. However, we are short this time and not by much, so I emailed them with the partials as full. I am waiting on a pm from one person in the buy. When I get his pm, ill post up what we're short on to get them taken care of. At this point, worse comes to worse ill just take them. Sorry for all the problems this time around, but we have a heck of a lot of grain and a bunch of that is partials. Hopefully we can get it all straightened out tomorrow and I'll get the quote from NCM and we can start getting payments underway.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

I suggest we limit partials to half bags next round if we have one. For the price you could throw 1/4 bag away and still make out or buy what you need at Weak Knee.

mjwitz said:
I suggest we limit partials to half bags next round if we have one. For the price you could throw 1/4 bag away and still make out or buy what you need at Weak Knee.

I second that. People can do trades outside the buy if they want.

Yeah I'm starting to think that as well. It's not bad when you have one or maybe even two pallets with a couple partials, but it gets tough (for me!) when we have this many. If we just did half sacks as partials and you guys do quarters amongst yourselves, that would be fine.
tom

My apologies as I am probably the biggest culprit. Luckily, with this amount of specialty grains, I'll be set for a few years or more.

Tom, do you have a potential pickup date, so I can somewhat organize my calendar?

Many thanks,
Aaron

Agree with above for Tom's sanity, but kind of an off topic question...

What is the shelf life on grain? Risser is saying set for years? I assume if vacuum packed it could be possible, but I'm storing in Tupperware containers.

What do ya'll think?

I think uncrushed in an airtight container, 1-2 years. Uncrushed and vacuum sealed...a very long time! I got the quote back from NCM. We are sitting on $4,200 worth of grains my friends! As soon as we can get these last partials taken care of, I will start getting totals out to everyone. We are going to be paying a liftgate fee as there is no loading dock at Weak Knee. I was hoping to get around this, but it doesn't seem like I can. It's a $75 charge so spit up amongst everyone it will only be a few dollars. The partials we need are BD-RSTB x1/4 and BD-CHLT x1/2 and we will be underway.
tom

Back