What To expect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotsPheer

Reaction score
I may have been a little overzealous, and I brewed an Oktoberfest Lager without having the exact means of cooling the lager. I used Saflager W/34
–70, and it fermented around 62 degrees for 4 weeks. Then making room in the extra fridge I put the carboy inside and it dropped to 36 degrees in approximately 2 1/2 days.

What should I expect this to taste like, and is there anything I can do to improve my faulted process? I read this was similar to a "steam" style beer, which would be great, but there is not very much information about this that I've found.

if all else went well expect a steam beer...which I actually prefer to octoberfest....a few more esters.....but something you can be proud of...

34/70 is forgiving......you'll like the beer......i would say keep her crashed as long as possible....might ad unflavored gelatin to clear....do a search on the process.

Back