Gauging interest in smoked wheat group buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boleslaus

Reaction score
Ok guys, I've been reading up about some classic beer styles lately, and being of Polish decent, I have zeroed in on Grodziskie as the next beer I want to attempt. Its a low gravity beer made with 100% smoked wheat. Now smoked wheat is not something that you can come across easily, and while you could replace it with wheat and a portion of smoked malt, it isn't really authentic.

That being said, I have contacted a small malt house in MA, Valley Malts. They have made oak smoked malt in the past and appear to be willing to do so again. This is in the very early stages of planning. I do not know what the price will be or the exact amount that would be available. I was justing trying to see if there was interest from other people looking to experiment with an uncommon malt.

From what I hear you need to smoke raw, still green wheat malt...and I don't have a smoker

Back