Banna pineapple mead???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's curious if anyone has ever tried a banana pineapple mead? I think it would make a great summer time drink next year. Any ideas or suggestions?

It's curious if anyone has ever tried a banana pineapple mead? I think it would make a great summer time drink next year. Any ideas or suggestions?
Give it a go !

What I would suggest, is that if you do, start it in a bucket with plenty of head room, as it's likely to foam like hell - possibly when it starts the ferment, but most likely when it's aerated in the early stages........

My current mead has them in it, as well as a couple of other fruits. Pineapple can be tasted, and I probably didn't add enough bananna. I would suggest planning on racking onto them in the secondary (as well) to get maximum fruit flavor--I didn't and can barely taste the fruits. Hopefully they'll come out with age.

Give it a go !

What I would suggest, is that if you do, start it in a bucket with plenty of head room, as it's likely to foam like hell - possibly when it starts the ferment, but most likely when it's aerated in the early stages........
While I didn't have too much problem with foam--but I still second this, lol.

can also consider making it traditional in primary and rack onto the banana and pineapple in secondary, helps reduce the mead geyser potential and also get better flavor transfer from the fruit.

Not particularly--it was supposed to have been a tropical flavoured mead, and I can't find the tropical in it. If you look at my thread on the Orange mead, I posted a updated recipe in there (using the information I now know).
Maybe the good flavours will come out in the next year--hope so, I want to use those bottles...

Hmm, well I can see making this. First start with a full on Bannana Mead using a similar process to Yooper's Bannana wine, then in the secondary add pineapple juice. Hmm, Adding some Maltodextrin and Lactose may help too. Make it more creamy.

Matrix

Back