Hops Up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoots

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Woot! I went 8 for 8 on hops in my first ever planting. Soon it will be time to start training. (better get those 16 foot 4x4s)

Awesome, what varieties did you plant this year?

Mine are pushing about 8' tall, meausred thier growth on the twine yesterday at 1" in 8 hours time!!!!

I went crazy and planted 8 different varieties.

Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Magnum, Horizon, Nugget, Fuggle and Galena. I wanted to have a nice variety for the future. This will give me a reason to brew more!

Now onto building an EHERMs (thanks Pol)

Those are excellent varieties, you did your homework! I have Cascade, Mt Hood and Willamette. It is a hobby for me, and the bines are gorgeous climbing our screened in porch.

An EHERMS? UH OH... if you have any questions, let me know! I love mine, and I have not had any issues running it.

I did my best to choose varieties that would produce a decent yield. I already have an automatic watering system in place for summer. I started to build the hop trellis in BYO March/April 2009, but am waiting to get the 16 foot 4x4s.

Overall I am very happy. I never expected all the varieties to come through, but hedged my bet by planting 2 rhizomes of each.

Now that this worked so easily, I will consider more next year. Only problem will be too many hops! (If you could call that a problem)

Back