• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

big ss pot or fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

integra93ls

Reaction score
Ok my friend just sent this pic to me. It's a ss pot with lid. Some type of commercial steam cooker. Don't know too much yet but I think its a 40 gal pot with the lid.
Can be made into brew pot or fermenter.
These pots sell for a few $1,000's
So as of now I don't have a price on it. I'm gonna try to get more info also. Has a spout on bottom as you can c in pic.

Pic

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

Without a source of steam, it's just a big pot with a lid. I saw video of one guy in Australia who used one like that for a big ass mash tun & had a RIMS system rigged into it. Looked pretty slick.

I'm confused if you are interested in buying it, or selling it. Scrap price for stainless is about 40/45 cents a lb.

It's s 30 gal pot.
It has a chamber on bottom half of pot where you can pump hot water through to boil in the pot. Or put hot water in it and seal it up then put a burner under it and use as boil kettle. Make offers

Without a source of steam, it's just a big pot with a lid. I saw video of one guy in Australia who used one like that for a big ass mash tun & had a RIMS system rigged into it. Looked pretty slick.

I'm confused if you are interested in buying it, or selling it. Scrap price for stainless is about 40/45 cents a lb.

Last I sold it was around 75c/lb for stainless.

You state no lowballs but don't even state a price range you're looking to get.

Is $100 lowball? $400? $1000?

I've seen similar in the $200 range... I'd go with 55 gal SS barrels at that point...

Latest posts

Back