Help with Kegging purchase...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull8042

I like 'em shaved
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really hate to start another thread about this, but I am having a time trying to locate the info I need.
I have pretty much decided to go with a Perlick 525SS, but I can't seem to locate a vendor that lists the Perlick part numbers, only their own. Anyone have any information that would help?

Also, what the generally accepted "best" beer hose ID? I know to start with 10' - 12'.

I feel kind of goofy asking these questions considering I have been around for a while and have been brewing some really good beers. But I have grown unbelievably sick of filling and capping 100+ bottles every batch. I have had an Oster 5.2 cu ft that is a great "garage fridge", but it has started begging for a tower. I feel obligated... ;)

Well, didn't get an answer quick enough to suit an impatient person like me, so I went ahead and ordered the complete system here: 2 Faucet Stainless Tower Kit with Two Kegs, Dual Check Valves.
I opted for the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Deluxe Kit with Dual Body Reg, Perlick Faucets and 10# CO2" to go with my 5.2 cu ft Oster. If this was the wrong decision, don't tell me.... I don't want to hear it! :D
[/FONT]

I'd recommend the 3/16 ID hose. It's what I have and what most recommendations I've seen have listed.

as long as you can fit 2 cornies and have a little extra space for the CO2 tank, sounds like a great plan!

I'd recommend the 3/16 ID hose. It's what I have and what most recommendations I've seen have listed.

Great. I went back and looked and this system comes with 5' of 3/16", so I am going to try to balance it with that. I was thinking that I needed 3/8" for a decent pour, but the more I read, the more I realize that I would have to use some absurd length to get that size to work acceptably. Damn, I feel like I am trying to figure out AG all over again.... :(

as long as you can fit 2 cornies and have a little extra space for the CO2 tank, sounds like a great plan!

The cornies will fit perfectly with only moving the thermostat/light. I really wanted at least a 10# bottle, but I don't know if there is going to be enough room on the inside for it though. I guess I will have to wait and see. If not, I can poke an obscure hole in the back or bottom for the gas line if I have to.

Great. I went back and looked and this system comes with 5' of 3/16", so I am going to try to balance it with that. I was thinking that I needed 3/8" for a decent pour, but the more I read, the more I realize that I would have to use some absurd length to get that size to work acceptably. Damn, I feel like I am trying to figure out AG all over again.... :(

You know, if I can figure it out, you certainly can! You may be fine with 5' of 3/16", at least for a while. If your fridge temp is 40 degrees or so, that might be about right (you'd have to consult the charts to check that).

You know, if I can figure it out, you certainly can! You may be fine with 5' of 3/16", at least for a while. If your fridge temp is 40 degrees or so, that might be about right (you'd have to consult the charts to check that).

My system poured perfectly from a picnic tap elevated 2 feet above the top of the keg with 5 feet of 3/16id hose at 13PSI. Sounds like what you will have with a toper on that minifridge.

I will take that as a compliment, but don't underestimate yourself.
Based on what I have been reading, I think I should be in the ballpark... Time will tell.
By the way, I love the Red Green show, but I think your current avitar is much more fitting. :D

My system poured perfectly from a picnic tap elevated 2 feet above the top of the keg with 5 feet of 3/16id hose at 13PSI. Sounds like what you will have with a toper on that minifridge.
Thanks. I think I am going to get this thing figured out yet. :mug:

Latest posts

Back