Brewers Best Gluten Free Ale kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewandWineSupply

Reaction score
Brewers Best has just introduced a Gluten Free Ale kit, Don't know much about it. The kit contains 2-3.3 lb white sorghum, 1 Belgium Golden Candy syrup, some maltodextrin, a spice pack, which includes: bitter orange peal, lemon peal and some whirlfloc. It uses 3 packages Cascade hops and Windsor yeast.
For those of those with gluten problems this is a great start.

http://brewandwinesupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_94_64_70&product_id=1375

I picked this up from my local home brew store last weekend, haven't brewed it up yet. I'm curious to see how it compares to ales with gluten.

I'm about to make this kit... any tips? how did your come out? so far I don't have high hopes from what i've read on it. just trying to save it "before" I make it.

I made this kit when it first came out just to support my LHBS for carrying GF stuff and liked it. I was doing extract only at the time and this kit taught me the importance of Belgian candy syrup and maltodextrin for extract batches with sorghum syrup. I brewed it to their instructions and then experimented on later batches. Did your kit come with Windsor yeast?

I bought the Brewer's Best Gluten Free Ale kit last week.
My neighbor, a homebrewer, let me use his equipment to brew my first batch and brew.
I am awaiting my supplies from Northern Brewer.
My first batch is in the fermenter. I am supposed to be patient. LOL
I already texted him to see if it is ready. I brewed it this afternoon. (Of course I know it is not done. HeHe)
The wort came in at a SG of 1051. It tasted pretty close to his ale he made from a kit this weekend.
We are going to do a secondary fermentation before bottling.
Looking forward to our first taste.

I made this kit when it first came out just to support my LHBS for carrying GF stuff and liked it. I was doing extract only at the time and this kit taught me the importance of Belgian candy syrup and maltodextrin for extract batches with sorghum syrup. I brewed it to their instructions and then experimented on later batches. Did your kit come with Windsor yeast?

yes mine came with windsor yeast. I'm gonna brew this kit up tonight and give it a shot...

Latest posts

Back