Going Pro in Denver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Greetings,

Administrators, please move this thread if it is not appropriate to this forum.

Long story short, I was in New Mexico last year to launch the Spaceport Brewpub. For numerous personal reasons I abandoned the project (even though it was fully funded) and moved back to Denver in August. Since then I have been contemplating getting something going here.

What I have in mind is a small (1 - 3.5 Bbl) neighborhood brewery or possibly a gastropub or small brewpub. I do not have the skills nor desire to be the brewmaster; I would like to be in the guiding/investing/management role. This of course could easily be a partnership with the right individual(s).

I have two completed brewpub business plans behind me, a third in the works for a possibility in Louisville CO, and have spent the past ten years doing business development, sales, and marketing in the technology sector. I think these skills translate well into building a business with a product - craft beer - that I am much more passionate about.

If this is of interest PM me with contact info. This post should not be considered a solicitation for funds or an offer of any kind. I simply want to meet with others who might want to do this for a living and kick around some ideas (over homebrew, of course).

thanks,

John

i'd love to come and BS over this over home brew, but alas, i'm a few states over

People in Denver sure love their craft brew so I would say that you are in a good location for it. I would love to meet you and chat over some home brews, but I don't feel like I am in the place to do anything like this, even though I would love to. If you ever wanna meet up to discuss beer related activities I would love to.

I have often thought about something like this, and I may have a time in my life coming up that would be good for it. When and where were you thinking of having this discussion?

Back