*Too* inexpensive regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdelay

Reaction score
I've been looking around for regulators to use for some corney kegs. Everywhere I've looked, new regulators are like 70-90ish.

Then I found this one on brewersdiscount.com

http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item102533.ctlg

I'm not poo-poo'ing on them, I'm just a little worried/nervous when someone offers something I need for *half* the cost that I see *everywhere* else.

Has anyone used these regulators before? Are there any thoughts on a setup this inexpensive?

you may also want to try ebay. I just picked up a 10lb Co2 tank with regulator for $50 + shipping. As a side note, I think it was that same regulator that you showed in that link. It looks like a Tap-Rite regulator. If that's what it is, then I can say that mine has been working fine!

I just bought a micromatic reg from the beverage factory. I haven't set it up yet, but it looks like a solid regulator.

jay075j said:
you may also want to try ebay. I just picked up a 10lb Co2 tank with regulator for $50 + shipping. As a side note, I think it was that same regulator that you showed in that link. It looks like a Tap-Rite regulator. If that's what it is, then I can say that mine has been working fine!

I bought a new dual-pressure regulator (3 guages) on ebay for about $40; I think it was just over $50 with S&H. It works great. You can save a lot if you're patient. I also bought a used avanti kegerator for $150 off Craigslist.

That's a good, fair price for a single-body, dual gauge reg.

Now, have you been looking at dual-BODY regs for $70-$90? Those generally run about twice/

I got three 1 gauge regulators off e-bay for $25 shipped. They were for welding and I'm going to try to use them as secondary regulators. Need to test them first but I think for a few more bucks in Pipe nipples I can theoretically have 4 pressures (though I'm only going to have 2-3 really, soda, high carb beer, low carb beer). Lets just hope they work!

Well, i was going to post about a science website that had regulator bodies for 5 bucks each but it's no longer carried on the site.... My future kegorator just went up in price....

Latest posts

Back