Dry pear recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songe

Reaction score
Well, Im new to brewing cider, and thought it could be fun trying out. I love Strong bow cider, (better then that sweet ****) and was wondering; For a 5 gal batch of cider, How many lb of pears would i need? and do you think cinnamon would be good in it? Could be nice for the winter. When boiling the pears for extracting the fluids, will adding spices be done in the same way as when adding hops in beer? Like adding the cinnamon in the last 5 min of boiling the fruit?

And when using the WLP775, How do i make a starter for a cider?

Strongbow cider is made from apples, not pears. Also, cider and perry are not brewed, boiled, or have water added.

The juice is extracted from the fruit (usually with pressure). The juice is fermented. Adding sugar, spices, nutrients, and such is all that is usually done.

i Know that strongbow are made form apples, But i want to Brew in that direction of dryness :) Well i don't have a juice presser, So i would need Allot of juice then or what?

Latest posts

Back