Brewers Best Kit - Full(er) Boil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG

Reaction score
I like the Brewers Best American Micro Style Pale Ale and plan on brewing my 3rd batch in the next few days.

I recently brewed an IPA (not from a kit) with 5 gal (~4 after boil), my first with this volume but just racked to secondary last night so it'll be another 3 weeks or so before I sample it. I didn't find boiling with 5 to be problematic.

The consensus is that a full boil is better than a partial boil so would like to try that with the BB kit but they have it all planned out with the exact hops ratio in what I believe is a 2 gal boil. I don't have the experience to know what I can expect with brewing with 5 gallons, any advice? Better tasting? Too bitter?

:mug:

It should be lighter in color, and more bitter. Too bitter? That's up to your palate. You could slightly(like use 90%) reduce the bittering (60 min.) hop addition to compensate.

I think I meant too bitter where it was undrinkable but I like hopped beer so I'll go 100%. I'm sure it'll be drinkable. Thanks!

Back