Letting Steeped Water/Tea Sit For a Couple of Hours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey55

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wonder what the consequences are for letting the speciality grain tea (I have no idea what the proper name is) sit for a couple of hours.

I can't go through the whole brewing process at once, but I can definitely do it two separate sessions tonight. I wanted to steep the specialty grains before dinner and let it sit until I'm able to finish the rest which should be about 3 hours later.

Any thoughts?

Thanks In Advance,
E

If you have a lid on it and you return fairly quickly, there's little reason to worry. You'll be boiling the mix for a while. That should render anything, which might have entered the liquor, inert.

Spoon out any of the larger insects, though; they might get stuck in siphon hoses later.

LOL. I shouldn't have any bugs get in because I'll be brewing inside. If I do, then I have bigger problems on my hands. ;)

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't think there would be an issue. I just wanted to double check.

Thanks
E

Latest posts

Back