keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnoswald

Reaction score
Someone posted about looking on craigslist for CO2 cylinder. Nothing here in LA :( but look at what is available in SF!!!!!!!

Moving. Converted white fridge 24"x26"x65" converted to hold 2x5 gallon kegs in fridge section and keep glasses chilled in freezer. Parts cost more than $300. Includes co2 tank and empty keg. Cash/Pick up only (in Windsor). No africa/europe buyers. No cashiers cheques. $200 obo

[email protected]

haha. keep scouring. i know that austin here is very active, so things come up pretty often, but if your city is slower, just be patient, and check multiple times a day if you can. it will eventually pay off, unless your time is worth just paying retail. as i am a college student, and already spend a lot of time on the internet, checking craigslist is not a big investment for me, but if you work 40+ hours a week, it may be too difficult to keep up with it. if you aren't fast enough, your efforts will be wasted. for example, i was about an hour late contacting a guy on FOUR co2 tanks, he estimated around 15lb tanks, but since they aren't that common, i assume they were 20 lb tanks. when i asked how much he let them go for... he said all four for 60 dollars! if he had really known the value, he could've sold each one for as much... if only i had checked more often...

but now i have about 10 kegs all from craigslist or garage sales that me and my friend have gone to, a lot of carboys, 4 co2 tanks, 2 regulators, kegerator, chest freezer, etc. all for amazing prices.

Keep looking, definitely. I was able to score a free working refrigerator practically down the street from my house about two months ago, and about two weeks ago I was able to trade a bottle of Imperial Hellfire for a 6 gal AND a 5 gal carboy!! I've been looking for months, and patience was rewarded.

thats a cool find... but it is kind of weird that he has "No africa/europe buyers" listed in his add.... maybe its just me...

Back