New Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outerlimit

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I just purchased a Mr. Beer starer kit from woot.com yesterday.
Found your site googling for more info on brewing.

I've had a look at the Mr. Beer thread. Seems like some mixed feelings on it.
I'm excited to give it a try, it was cheap and something I can easily do in my little room while at college.

I can't wait for it to get here so I can start :D

I'll probably be lurking around reading up on all kinds of stuff.
Probably will also ask tons of stupid questions :)

I noticed a drunken forum down near the bottom, I'll be sure to visit that from time to time :drunk:

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome to the board. Don't be worried about what people say about Mr. Beer. Yes, it may not be quite as good as some of the stuff you can make with better set-ups, but many people on this board started with Mr. Beer and have made many very good beers. Once you get to a point where you can move up, do it, but while in college and in limited space it is better to brew with that than to not brew at all. Once you taste your beer you'll probably be surprised with how good it is and then be ready to really get into brewing. Good luck and let us know how your beer turns out!

Welcome to the forum. You will be moving up from the ol' Mr. Beer before you know it. I still like mine for 2.5 gallon batches. My advise is a nice big pot to do a full boil for the 2.5 gallons, and to find some recipes around here that you can cut in half. No offense to the Mr. Beer company, but home crafted recipes are just awesome. And, usually, cheaper. Just my 2¢ :

Back