KBS and 3 Floyds Jackpot Winner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandallFlag

Reaction score
Howdy. Walked into the liquor store today and hit the jackpot.

Three Floyds Rear Admiral
Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf
Three Floyds Backmasking
Three Floyds Space Station Middle Finger

and....drumroll, please

a 4 pack of KBS.

Is it worth trying the KBS now or should I let it age for a period of time? I've never been fortunate enough to try KBS.

Should it be stored vertically or horizontally?

Thanks.

Glass bottles with caps should be stored vertically, because there is usually an oxygen absorbent coating on the inside of the cap that doesn't work when submerged in beer. Also, if there IS any oxygen, laying the bottle on its side just increases the surface area with which it can work (i.e. it'll degrade the beer faster).

Nice score,

I would recommend drinking 1 KBS as it changes year to year and then let the others age. I was only able to get 2 KBS today. But 2 is better than none!

Glass bottles with caps should be stored vertically, because there is usually an oxygen absorbent coating on the inside of the cap that doesn't work when submerged in beer. Also, if there IS any oxygen, laying the bottle on its side just increases the surface area with which it can work (i.e. it'll degrade the beer faster).

That helps. Thanks much.

Latest posts

Back