imperial IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubajim

Reaction score
Hey guys just found the forum and its awesome i've already learned a lot just lookin around, I'm still fairly new to brewing but i love IPA's and had an awesome imperial ipa at rogue brewing in portland. Does anyone have a recipe. I haven't gotten into all grain yet, just been doin extract w/steeping grains so far.

I don't have the Rogue IIPA recipe, but if you're game for a partial mash, I'm brewing an IIPA on Sunday that I'd be willing to share. I'm not going to post it just yet, though. I am going to head over to the recipes forum and do a quick double check with the good folks here at HBT to see what they think. I'll PM you with the recipe if you want once the QA check is done.

I have the rogue IIPA recipe at home (from an old BYO magazine) - but wont be back at home for about 2 weeks. I probably wont remember to post it so if u really want it send me a pm.

I have the rogue IIPA recipe at home (from an old BYO magazine) - but wont be back at home for about 2 weeks. I probably wont remember to post it so if u really want it send me a pm.

ok will do thanks a lot.

Be warned - if you are new to brewing an Imperial IPA is not the easiest beer to brew OR least expensive!!

I have one IIPA recipe where the hops alone cost $45 for a 5 gallon batch.

Be warned - if you are new to brewing an Imperial IPA is not the easiest beer to brew OR least expensive!!

+1 My IIPA I'm brewing on tomorrow cost ~$50 for all ingredients sans the hops. The hops from freshops cost about $20, so $70 for this particular IIPA isn't the best deal in the world, but it's going to be a great beer, so **** it.

well i've brewed about 10 different batches so far so i'm a bit new but i do know somewhat of what i'm doin. Now when you say its not the easiest what exactly do you mean, just kinda tryin to get a feel for what i'm up against. Since its got a high gravity i'll definetley use a starter, other that any tips? Thanks, james

Back