Guinness Blonde American Blonde Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loeks

Reaction score
I just had a couple of these at my in-laws' last night and I gotta say, it's pretty good. It somewhat reminds me a of a Blue Moon.

The thing that is weird is the marketing and how it is described on the bottle. Here is what I remember from the bottle:
- Brewed in the US
- US Hops (Mosaic and Willamette)
- Uses "Guinness yeast" and "Guinness brewing techniques" (whatever that means)

So I'm guessing when they say they use Guinness yeast, it's Harp yeast? I mean it's gotta be a lager yeast obviously so they aren't using the yeast that they use for the stout right? And what do y'all figure is Guiness' special sauce when it comes to process?

Has anyone else tried this beer?

To me, it tastes identical to Pilsner Urquell. Which is fine because I can't get Urquell here for some odd reason. I like it somewhat but I'm not going to say I love it. I will buy it again in the future though.

I think there might be a long thread somewhere about it but I couldn't find it.

It was good but nothing I would actively seek out. If I'm at a bar and its BMC or this, then I would get Guinness blonde lager. Other than that, id rather have almost any other craft beer over this. 2.5/5 stars.

I never saw that anyone replied to this and I just assumed this thread died. :)

I came across something online that said that they actually used ale yeast at almost-lager temps which is kinda interesting. I guess that would make it something along the lines of a cream ale, yeah?

The label and cap says "discovery series" which to me is more interesting ten the beer itself.
Who knows what might be the next "discovery"!

"Guinness brewing techniques" (whatever that means)

It's a tried and true technique of using an English accent and driving on the wrong side of the road during the entire brew. I made a Canadian lager not too long ago using "Canadian brewing techniques". I spoke funny and apologized a lot. Turned out fantastic!

It's a tried and true technique of using an English accent and driving on the wrong side of the road during the entire brew. I made a Canadian lager not too long ago using "Canadian brewing techniques". I spoke funny and apologized a lot. Turned out fantastic!

English accent? I would like to see you go to Ireland and tell them they have English accents :)

Back