I Need Your Opinion!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
First of all, I'm new to homebrewing, but very eager. I just bottled my first ever batch, an English Brown Ale....so far so good, and fun!! :)

I would like my second endeavor to be a re-creation of my favorite beer, Hacker Pschorr.

Do you think I should stick to basics for a few more batches before attempting this, or is it relatively doable as long as you follow directions well? I don't want to jump the gun and ruin a good batch.

Also, does anyone recommend a specific recipe for a homebrewed version of Hacker Pschorr?

Thanks!!!

I think you might have a problem obtaining an appropriate yeast to use as they use an exclusive strain. That is going to have a lot to do with replicating the taste.

But you could should for a German style wheat ale using their perimeters and get close.
Hacker-Pschorr's centuries-old, exclusive yeast strain, Hallertau hops and 60% malted wheat and 40% malted barley." 5.5% alcohol by volume. 4.3% alcohol by weight. Bitterness 13 EBU.

Back