Plumbing a 3 tier All Grain Keggle system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer4breakfast

Reaction score
Ok so I'm up to plumbing my three keg system. Can I use Copper tubing to plumb my manifold for the kegs? I would use unions to connect to each of the fittings? Also why do people use two pumps instead of one?

Ok so I'm up to plumbing my three keg system. Can I use Copper tubing to plumb my manifold for the kegs? I would use unions to connect to each of the fittings? Also why do people use two pumps instead of one?

Yes you can use copper. Search the DIY forums and you'll find several examples of systems utilizing copper. I'm in the design stages of my build, and will most likely use copper since it's cheap and I already have a bunch of it laying around my shop.

It's possible to get by with just one pump, but two gives you more options, especially if you're going with a HERMS system. For example you can use one to pump wort through the coil and the second to re-circ the water in the HLT to get better heat transfer during the mash or when cooling after the boil.

Back