Dried wine grapes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collikunas

Reaction score
TGIF everyone! So I am going to get busy tomorrow and have a vino day (bottling, racking, starting two batches, and if course indulging in the past fruits of my labor) while the hubs brews some beer (the house smells amazing on days like this!). And I was re-reading the recipe I have for Cabernet Sauvignon and I noticed it calls for 1 lb of dried wine grapes. My local supplier doesn't carry them and I was wondering:

Can I substitute raisins? Or red table grapes (I'm assuming it is to enhance the color of the wine)

Or where does one find these dried wine grapes??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

TGIF :)

I've never heard of that as an ingredient, to be honest. I've used "dried grape skins" and "wine grapes" but not dried wine grapes. I have no idea of a sub, since I'm unsure what it would bring to the must. I guess you could leave it out and see what it's "missing"- body? OG points? tannins? and then sub with whatever is missing.

Back