He Shoots...He SCORES!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Look at my find...Just have to figure out a way to utilize it...Any suggestions, please??? Thanks...:mug:

40G Steamer/Cooker from old Resturant (Free/Nada/Zip/Zilch)

IMG00001-20091113-1152.jpg

IMG00002-20091113-1153.jpg

IMG00003-20091113-1153.jpg

I'd be a little concerned about sanitation using it as a fermenter.
Is that a steam jacket or just part of the stand? Not sure if it's possible to make a steam generator for boiling... is it? :D
Could it hold temps for a MLT? At the very least it would make a cool HLT.

MLT? Make a falso bottom for it would be cool. Or use it as a bk or HLT, if you ever want to make a big batch. Or sell it.

Are you sure its 40 gallons and not 40 quarts? Maybe the picture is playing tricks on my, but that look no bigger than my 15 gallon brewpot.

Its steam jacketted...What about putting my burner under it for boil kettle?

No expert here, but not sure how well that would work, (the jacket would insulate the pot from the flame, no?).

Although I'm pretty sure one person here does it like that. I THINK he put a pressure relief on the steam jacket. He fills it with water, sets his pressure relief, and turns on the burner. Burner heats water above boiling, pressure relief lets off vapor, and no scorching.... I think it's, um....oh hell, I can't find his name, but it's the one I can't pronounce with the Donkey avatar...Bourjjijij Kabouter or something with lots of "j"s and "i"s....

I've been looking for that exact kettle for a while. Want to sell it???

When I find one, I'm going to make an electric steam generator for it and make a clean brew room/ bar in my basement.

You will need regulator and blow off on the kettle.

If it is what I think, 50 psi, you can easily brew enough for a full keg (15.5g) using a biab method with multiple bags.

It will work as a mash tun and as a boil pot.

Pm me if you are interested in selling.

Bull

Back