What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to steal the pic from untapped the youngin has the phone lol

image-192227072.jpg

Channel66 said:
As close as I will get to a pumpkin beer this fall. Oak aged spiced brown. With my famous chicken soup and homemade dumplings.

Figured you'd be into Lobstah ales or something.

In honor of the cooler weather, Old Rasputin. (First time I've ever had it, believe it or not) Every time I try a new RIS, I'm reminded of why I love the style so much.

I feel like Old 97: way behind in time...

just poured myself a small glass of Fu-Ki Plum and a big glass of my root beer for the 5 y/o. he said it's better than Virgil's. I gotta learn to do it from scratch so I can make that statement true.

Dave37's robust porter. Gotta be honest, I'm not well versed on the style but I'll try to give it my best shot. As you can see it's almost jet black with just the barest of garnet highlights. The head is tan and has pretty good retention. I'm getting hints of roast and vanilla in the nose along with some bready, malty aromas maybe even a bit of coffee. The flavors are pretty consistent with the aroma and there is just the slightest note of astringency in the finish. The medium-full body is very nice leaving long lingering flavors on the palate. I like this one a lot and if it is indeed representative of the style, I think I have found a new style that I like.

20130914_202100.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Last time I entered some, they said they didnt taste a certian additive which I did. Last batch of jalapeno/cucumber, one judge said too much jalapeno and the other said too much cucumber :drunk:. I now realize that its all opinionated and its luck of the draw. This is a mead only competition so it might be better but I do not follow BJCP guidlines. I make what I like. Its only 5 bucks a entry so ot isn't a wallet buster

I would have said too much cucumber, because any cucumber is too much for me. Seriously...I can't even eat anything that cut cucumber has touched. My point is that it all has to do with individual tastes.

Channel66 said:
Haha, back at it?

But of course.

sfrisby said:
What was the hold up? First kick off was12:00?!?

Went to grab some eats for tomorrow. And mowed the lawn. Having lots of people over for NFL Sunday (3 games - 1pm, 4pm and 8pm). Gonna slam beers like a mofo.

Something to make my 40th b-day more memerable.For 28 bucks it better be.:D My thoughts. Its fairly sweet,musty,stronger in hibiscus aroma, hop presence seems to be something earthy and raw almost non existant but undertones of cologne perfumyness. Hints of orange kool-aide. Strong orange honey flavor witha strange unique dusty old woodyness,like some kind of cologne and a stronger base flavor of hibiscus. Definatley some kind of man-perfume- I feel like I could almost splash it on my face :). Finishes with some light tart citrus with stronger sweet honey. Wouldnt really drink more than a few oz of this at a time.Pretty syrupy and sweet but not really all that boozy. Generally sweet for my tastes,and stronger than Im use to or like. Something pretty unique & nestalgic about it though,uhh maybe bcause its based from year 1700 recipe?

0914031939.jpg

Remmy said:
But of course.

Went to grab some eats for tomorrow. And mowed the lawn. Having lots of people over for NFL Sunday (3 games - 1pm, 4pm and 8pm). Gonna slam beers like a mofo.

Ahhhh. The difference between a college guy and pro guy. Tomorrow is my day to do everything responsible that I didn't do today.

jonmohno said:
Something to make my 40th b-day more memerable.For 28 bucks it better be.:D My thoughts. Its fairly sweet,musty,stronger in hibiscus aroma, hop presence seems to be something earthy and raw almost non existant but undertones of cologne perfumyness. Hints of orange kool-aide. Strong orange honey flavor witha strange unique dusty old woodyness,like some kind of cologne. Finishes with some light tart citrus with stronger sweet honey. Wouldnt really drink more than a few oz of this at a time.Pretty syrupy but not really all that boozy.

Happy birthday! Hope it was a good one overall.

Having a Roadsmary's Baby. Great name - okay pumpkin.

image-2736197312.jpg

And the fire is dying but still wicked hot!

image-4032540783.jpg

A Little Sumpin after fasting all day. Going right to my head. Thinking of following it up with a Hopnotch. Just got my first 6er of it yesterday and am mad at myself for passing it by for so long.

Hopnotch is a damn tasty beer! How come nobody told me?

Just brought home a growler of Boneyard RPM. Yep that's an IPA....The best IPA's coming out of my region have the clarity of a hefeweizen. Cheers!

P1020167.jpg

Ahhhh. The difference between a college guy and pro guy. Tomorrow is my day to do everything responsible that I didn't do today.

Well, not really. I am a bigger college football fan than I am an NFL fan. Same goes for NCAA hoops vs. NBA. UConn wasn't on that early. Bama who? :ban:

Back