quick ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wunnup

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just spent nearly all Memorial Day brewing a California Common, nabed some san fransico lager yeast from work( i love working in a brewery btw)
I pitched almost a pints worth of yeast into 5 gallons about 2 hours ago and started fermenting within an hour. Holy crap its the quickest start ive ever seen. really excited for this one!!!!:tank:

Yeast slurry has a ton of yeast! I work at a brewery and there is nothing better than adding fresh slurry into your beer and watching it go to town.

On another addition to the quick start... I brewed an IPA today and also kegged another beer in my fermenter. So, needless to say I just put my new beer right on top of the old yeast cake and literally within 30 minutes the krausen was already 4" tall. Crazyness! I love quick fermentations!

Ferment well my friend!

Wow 4inches in 30 minutes, i gotta try that when this batch is done. Did you have to do anything special as far as sanitation or just dump it in there? Im sure if you cap it right away nothing should be able to grow if there is enough co2 left over.

and on an off note, what brewery do you work in arizona?

I just tried to keep my siphon tube really clean. I have the racking cane in a bung and I go straight through the outlet post a corny keg. Nothing should come in and nothing should go out. I switch the caps as quickly as possible too. Also, my wort out of my chiller goes straight down the air-lock tube. I try to keep it as closed as possible, but it works!

I had dry hopped before and even with the hops in there the fermentation was kicking ball sacks!

I consult for trident brewery and I just started my own LLC in Tempe as well! I just made them a starter for their IPA and that was going in 1.5 hrs.

Back