Semi Rigid Plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horseinmay

Reaction score
I am firming up all the details on my brewstand, and as I go, I like to change things and do experiments with the process.

I've finally settled on the orientation of everything and am using a combination of silicon tubing (1/2") and rigid copper tubing. The silicon fits snugly on the copper without a fitting, so it's really easy to move things around, but pretty much fixed if I want to leave it as it is. I'll be replacing the longer stretches of silicon with copper, and mounting the plumbing along the frame in the future, but I like using the silicon in short pieces as a connection tool.

Here are some pictures.

P1110024.jpg

P1110028.jpg

That is almost the exact thing I was thinking of doing, good to hear it works. Although my reasoning was to let me move things a bit (empty mash tun specifically) without disconnecting my plumbing

I can say that after a smooth brew day. . . .it works!! Eventually most of the plumbing will be mounted to the frame, and short pieces of silicon tubing will connect everything. I'll only have to put the tubing on or take it off when I'm cleaning a vessel.

Back