Adding Fruit to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilwaukeeBrewGuy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a belgian wit that is kegged. If I wanted to add some fruit (its for a party) what can i add that will not start another ferment and overcarb the beer?

Would adding fruit puree or maybe some orange zest help give it a fruitier taste?

You could always use fruit flavoring depending on what fruit you want to add. If it's cherry I wouldn't (allegedly tastes like cough syrup), but if it is raspberry or something I've heard the flavoring isn't bad.

yeah i have heard the same about the cherry extract. Do you guys see any problems with the interaction between CO2 and the fruit? The keg is pretty much carbed up already.

If you think you'll be doing this much, get a Sure-Flow strainer for the dip tube. Had a heck of a time with my first blackberry cider.

i ended up adding a can of Oregon Fruit puree (rasberries) to the keg. I had a fine mesh straining bag so I just dumped the puree into it. After about 3 days it tastes pretty close to a New Glarus Rasberry Tart. I think I just need a tad bit more carbonation. I am at about 2.7 volumes.

I may actually do a side by side with it to see how close it actually is.
By keeping the kegerator at about 40 degrees, I think the yeasties are asleep. I shall not wake them...

I have a 1 lb of crushed apricots I plan on putting in a 300 Micron Stainless Steel Mesh Beer Filter in the keg. How long should I let it sit in there?

I have a 1 lb of crushed apricots I plan on putting in a 300 Micron Stainless Steel Mesh Beer Filter in the keg. How long should I let it sit in there?
I was wondering the same thing, but I think a safe answer would be to leave it in there until it’s your desired taste.

I added mango to my secondary but I’m worried it may have fermented dry so once it is carbed up I’m going to try it and if it’s missing the mango taste and aroma I will add mango to my keg and try it every 3-4 days

Back