You guys Rock!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falmike

Reaction score
Just brewed my first 5 gallon batch of extract AHS Kolsch yesterday.....Worried about fermentation since wort was a bit warm when I pitched the yeast. I read everything I could find and decided to just Relax!

Now, after 24 hours, I'm getting a burp almost every second out of the airlock. :rockin:

Thanks all for the great forum.

Mike

And Man, it smells great. I could stand over the airlock all day!

Im like a dog looking at its master to feed me cheese when i look at my airlock..........I say watching s-04 is about as close to an orgasm as you can have with your pants on. Three burps a second......i wish you could use it for every beer.

Well, it's really on its way now....smells like rotten eggs....which White labs says is normal for this yeast.

Wahoo, I've got a bucket full of Kolsch going!

Mike

Congratulations!

Now start saving money. Within 1 month of brewing my first beer I had enough equipment to have three brews going at the same time, and I just added another carboy yesterday . . . the wait is easier if you have a good pipeline going!

it really is addictive! I have 4 brews fermenting right now, and 2 batches being served on tap. And I plan to brew this weekend!

I've got the AHS Pilsner Urquell lined up next. I will have to wait a week though, I've got to go on a business trip next week. Man, I hate flying!

Back