just an idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisM

Reaction score
what would happen if i was to kill off the yeast, then add honey?

just a thought, wondering if anyone knew what would happen?

thanks =)

Brewpastor said:
It would sweeten the beer and make it impossible to carbonate by natural means.
but since he's talking about cider, flat beer might not be a concern. :)

Just messing with ya... you would have the same problem of carbonation with the cider, but some people like the cider flat, so...

-walker

LewisM - You'd have a non-carbonated cider with honey in it. If it takes your fancy try it. Apples and honey work well together!

Where in this post does it say anything about cider? Except in the thread... never mind. Some of us think it is only about beer.

Brewpastor said:
Some of us think it is only about beer.
You've just committed the biggest sin in my eyes - a Moderator with no idea we had Cider, Wine or Mead Sections in homebrewtalk?......;)

Use campden tablets to kill the yeast, then sweeten to taste. I generally just use some more juice, but honey would be a nice touch. I'm fine with flat ciders, I put just enough pressure on the keg to deliver.

Apologies in advance.

If you do start an Inquisition, inform us it's going to be an English one, then switch to a Spanish one at the last minute. Why, you ask?

Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! :p

Image27.png

Back