Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesy_Goodness

Reaction score
Don't think the booch section is big enough yet to have a new thread for each recipe...

After you've got your basic recipe down pat, what are some of your favorite additions, fruit or otherwise?

My basic recipe is about a gallon of water, 2 tablespoons of tea leaves, a cup of sugar, and about a cup of already made kombucha.

My go to is about a pint of raspberries, but I've had fantastic results with the zest of 2 lemons (while the tea is steeping), lemon juice, and a few inches of cut ginger. Very light and extremely refreshing.

What are some of your tried and true kombucha recipes?

Boiled:
1 gallon water
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey

Steeped:
4 bags black tea
4 bags green tea

After cooling:
1-2 cups starter tea (however much I have leftover after bottling previous batch

Ferment 7 days and bottle.

At bottling:
1-2 tbsp ginger, cut into matchsticks
or
2-3oz grape juice

Fresh grape juice and blackberry juice are my go-to flavors.

I also do half green tea, half black tea. Occasionally I'll do a batch with yerba mate for a change. Other addition I really like, especially in the summer, is to add a couple hops to the tea while it's steeping.

Back