Warrior, Amarillo, Cascade, and citra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaplant

Reaction score
What do you think about this combo? Warrior obviously for bittering, Citra and and cascade for flavor and some aroma, and Amarillo for mostly aroma.

I'm thinking this would be really amazing but I am very interested to hear what some seasoned hop heads have to say!!

Thanks!

I did a Pale with Warrior and Citra only and love it! I was thinking of a bittering hop, then Citra/Cascades for my next one. I haven't tried Amarillos yet, so I don't know what they are like?

I am drink an IPA now that is mostly Amarillo and they are very citrusy tasting and smelling and I also notice some pretty fruity notes aswell. Has Anyone every used all these hops together!?

I've used warrior, amarillo, citra and simcoe with good results. Can't imagine the cascade being a bad thing...

how did you use them together? I am thinking:

1oz Warrior @ 75
1oz Citra @ 25
1oz Cascade @ 10
1oz Cascade @ 5
1oz Amarillo @ Flame out
1oz Amarillo @ Dry hop for a week or two

Ideas? Thoughts?

i would use the citra later. 25 mintues you will be losing a lot of that great aroma and also some of the flavor. Im a big fan of this hop in very late additions or dry hopping. if it were me:

warrior 60 min
cascade 20 min
cascade 5 min
citra/amarillo 0 min
citra/amarillo dry hop

Latest posts

Back