We don't need no flasks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
I bring you the cow cookie jar (3L) and it is still more manly than a fruit beer. Any tips to get the stir bar to spin in a 1 gallon jug? I spent an hour playing with distance and speed and magnet placement before I stole the cookie jar.

img2160i.jpg

Any tips to get the stir bar to spin in a 1 gallon jug?

I've had good luck with a 4L Wine Jug with a concave bottom. I start the Stir Plate @ about 1/2 speed, make sure the stir bar is in the jug towards me, slide the jug over the plate from back to front to pick up the stir bar as it slides over it and stop when it's centered. Sometimes it takes a couple tries but once it gets going it hasn't thrown the bar as long as I don't turn the speed up to much. Cheers!!!

20 hours later and my lager is starting to form a krausen and is bubbling once ever 15 seconds. I even pitched the thing 5 degrees colder than the recommended fermentation temp. I'm surprised, even my ales don't take off this fast. I love you Mr. Stirplate.

Back