What instructional video do you want to see?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyworld

Reaction score
So I just posed the exact same question in the beginners brewing section but I figured I'd post it here as well for more experienced brewers who likely don't venture over to the beginners section anymore.

I've made two videos in the past that I have posted and shared with this site. One on building a mash tun from a beverage cooler and another on how to wire a temperature controller for a homemade kegerator (links are in my signature).

What I'd like to know is, what videos would you guys like to see next? What videos out there that are confusing, too long or just plain bad that you would like to see done a little differently? Are there any processes that you just can't visualize when someone tries to explain it to you or when you read it in a book that you would like to see done?

I've got a few ideas down but I'd really like to do something that a few people request. Let's hear em!

IMHO I think instructional brewing videos have been done to death. You can go to YouTube and just do a search with one word, i.e sparge, and get thousands of results telling you the same thing and then offering their review on whatever beer they are drinking.

If you really want to do a video why don't you do a video on something you would like to experiment with and use that video to "publish" your results whether or not you got the desired result?

While I agree there are a TON of videos on how to do certain things, some of the quality of the video is appalling. Now, maybe I have high standards (seriously) but it pains me to watch really shaky, vertical iPhone video for 10 minutes about something that can be explained in 1. I'm trying to streamline the teaching, make things clear to understand, easy to see, simple for beginners, simple for everyone.

Oh and if I have to watch another person on youtube sip their precious homebrew/craft beer for 5 minutes and just smack their lips while they do a tasting and tell me about how good it is (and say NOTHING that actually describes the beer itself) I just might go nuts. :smack:

I think right now I'm at the phase where I want to take videos that have been done and outdo them with better information, better production, and make things simpler. However, I like your idea of doing some experiments and documenting the results via video and I will constantly keep this in mind and look for whacky things to experiment with, in the least, for a good video. :)Thanks WestCoastBrewmonkey

Back