Is this mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrownAle4Me

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm about to bottle my first brew this week and when I went to check on it in the fridge I found little white things floating on the top. I sterilized everything that it touched the best I could. It's had an airlock on it the whole time. This just formed sometime this week. I just wanna make sure this batch isn't ruined. The pictures I took came out horrible. The one attached is the best one I could get. I'm curious to see what you guys think. This is middle of the 3rd week in a secondary. I ment to bottle this Sunday (the 2 week mark) but had to work.

Thanks!

Lou

S4200035.jpg

I would not worry about it, looks like bubbles. Same question with pics was asked in the extract brewers forum check it out along with the responses. Relax it will be just fine. Happy brewing( and drinking)!

I would have never thought about it being bubbles. They looked small, but solid. But I guess a group of tiny bubbles could appear to be solid. Hopefully it all tastes fine in the end! Sorry for the double post!

Does anyone know what yeast looks like in a fermenter?

My last two batches, a brown ale and a pale ale, actually had a white skin across the top. Under the skin there were some bubbles that got trapped and couldn't permeate the skin. It looked awful.

I drank the brown and it was pretty good. I'm drinking the pale right now and it's the first time SWMBO has not only asked for a glass, but a refill!

RDWHAHB

LOL ... I know this is old but I found the little circles popping up in my secondary and was worried about mold !

Back