Any ideas for using Denny's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyBeverage

Reaction score
I can mini-mash/partial mash/steep whatever you wanna call using specialty grains with extract. I am almost ready to make the jump to all grain but I have a case of various LME to use up. Any recommendations utilizing Denny's Favorite would be welcome. I have a 30 qt ss kettle and a (kinda low btu) propane burner. so fire away.

Maybe a nice dressing on a fresh salad? Or a gravy for a nice biscuit breakfast...heh.

How about selling it to your buddies? LME keeps forever, the sugar acting a natural preservative. So if you're not going to brew with it right away, saving it wouldn't be all too bad. I'm sure someone on this sight has a much better idea though :)

Maybe a nice dressing on a fresh salad? Or a gravy for a nice biscuit breakfast...heh.

How about selling it to your buddies? LME keeps forever, the sugar acting a natural preservative. So if you're not going to brew with it right away, saving it wouldn't be all too bad. I'm sure someone on this sight has a much better idea though :)
not true, LME will degrade and darken over time. I think you may be thinking of DME which has a much longer shelf life

I have definitely had a batch of LME begin to mold. Granted, I stored it at room temp for about a month after I had already used some from the same container. So no, LME doesn't keep forever, but yes, it keeps a long time. I've never seen it start to mold or seriously degrade other than that once.

Personally though, I'd use that LME to brew those crazy experiments you've been thinking about. You know the one.... It starts with "enchilada" and ends with "beer."

Back