Kicked again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So last night I am ready to get on Wow with the wife and I grab my pizza and a glass and go to the kegerator and... pHffttt...

Seriously? WTF??

I have no idea how I went through that keg so fast. I mean, I've had it for a little while, but I didn't think I was drinking much of it.

So, now I have ZERO beer in kegs. I have a case or so of Stout, and a couple of random bottles of stuff including a few commercials.

And here I am trying to get a few things done around the house so I can start working on my car again, and we are booked every weekend until June.

I think I will need at least two batches to get me back on track, and then another batch in about a month that can sit for a few weeks.

I have a Saison in planning, and the yeast to go with it, just need to nail down the grain bill. And I'll need to decide what else to brew for summer that others might enjoy, and I'd really like to try another IIPA for myself.

How does this happen??

yeah I kicked my OPA what seemed way too soon. Now i have a stout on tap, an oktoberfest lagering until september and nothing fermenting.
BUT, I had an Irish red and a Wit on it's way. Hoping to brew both Saturday :D But will at least brew the Wit.

Tell me about it, Homer. Looking at my brew log, I've brewed 70 gallon in the past month and a half and have only 3 half-full kegs left in the fridge.:eek:

Thankfully, I've another 45 gallon fermenting and am brewing another 10 gal. tomorrow:cross:

Not really sure where all of the other beer went:drunk:

Well, my problem is I have been out of brewing a bit - but getting back in with 2 full recipes of ingredients to go any day now.

In the meantime I picked up a perlick low profile sankey tap and grabbed a 1/6 keg of troegs hopback from the distributor for $49.99 (not bad actually) and threw that in my 4912 to hold me over...

Tell me about it, Homer. Looking at my brew log, I've brewed 70 gallon in the past month and a half and have only 3 half-full kegs left in the fridge.:eek:

Thankfully, I've another 45 gallon fermenting and am brewing another 10 gal. tomorrow:cross:

Not really sure where all of the other beer went:drunk:

??? How do you lose that much beer?? You didn't bet on the Browns again did you?? (j/k)

But seriously, that is a lot of beer!

*note to self: Find someone else's house to sneak into to steal beer. Homercidal is catching on.

Well, I might start putting a lock on it. I highly doubt my daughters are sampling my beer, but never say never. I may have just misestimated by brewing schedule.

I brewed 3 batches not too long ago, but one of them was a .5 batch that ended up being more like a .33 batch after dry hopping.

I guess I will have to plan a couple of after-work brewing sessions because my weekends are full. Unless I can talk my wife into letting me bring my stuff to the campground again.

What server are you on?

Madoran.

lvl 80 Orc Warrior
lvl 21 Undead Mage
lvl 23 Blood Elf Paladin

The second two are the ones I've been playing on with my wife. Fartknocker, the Orc Warrior I've had for like 2 years. Finally got him to 80 recently just before my wife said she wanted to try it.

Yeah, so tell me you can brew a batch of beer in 1 hour, about the time I spend playing wow a few times a week.

Nope, I can't. The couple people I know who play Wow are the type who play 6-8 hours everyday. Wasn't trying to imply that you were like that. Just thought it was funny you mentioned it and was trying to make a joke.

Here is what you do Homer. Start the mash water, Grind your grains, play WoW, mash in, play WoW, sparge and start boil, play WoW, pause and add hops, play, add hops and whirlfloc and chiller, play, chill and do a load of laundry or water the garden with hot chiller water, play WoW, put beer in fermenters and continue with your day.

See, wasn't that easy :mug:

Do that three times in the same week and you will be back on track in three weeks.

Seriously? WTF??

I have no idea how I went through that keg so fast. I mean, I've had it for a little while, but I didn't think I was drinking much of it.

If you really want to know, get yourself a kegbot. http://kegbot.org/ You can set it up for RFID access and it will track who is drinking what, how much, and when. Here's an example: http://kegbot.homeip.net:8000/

Honestly, I don't want to know how much I'm drinking :mug:

Start the mash water, Grind your grains, play WoW, mash in, play WoW, sparge and start boil, play WoW, pause and add hops, play, add hops and whirlfloc and chiller, play, chill and do a load of laundry or water the garden with hot chiller water, play WoW, put beer in fermenters and continue with your day.

This is exactly how I do my brews.

FYI you can usually get in a fast Random Heroic between hop additions.

And I'd offer gold for beer but that would be against the EULA (and of course you a bit away from me)
:mug:

*note to self: Find someone else's house to sneak into to steal beer. Homercidal is catching on.

Funny you say that, I went out to pour a glass of my hefe from the kegerator, half a glass PFFFT! WTF? I go in tell SWMBO, she says "you put that in there like this week, you need to slow down!" I've had maybe 5 or 6 glasses outta that thing. We were outta town for the weekend, I'm thinking "someone brew-jacked me" call my brew assistant, "dude did you come over and drink the hefe?" him: "hehe, well you told me to stop by and have a brew anytime, so I brought a few buddies over and we tasted it" me: "tasted it, it's F"ing gone dude" him: "oh ****, sorry man, thought I left you some" me:"you did, half a glass!" It's all good though, he bought me a wort chiller and a 4 pack of cornies, so I'll let it slide. But I told him next time to at least leave a note on the tap. Maybe I should start locking my garage.

I was a bad WOW addict for about 6 years. had a lvl 80 shaman, DK, warlock, warrior and hunter. SWMBO finally told me it was her or WOW. I quit wow and started homebrewing. Now I have more beer than I know what to do with. I usually have 2 kegs on tap and 2 waiting to be tapped. I never run out. Guess I switched addictions.

My roomie blew two kegs in a row. Didn't say shvt about the second one. I came home to watch some playoff puck and PFFFT PFFFFT PFFFFFFTT.

jackass

Brewing requires too much of my attention to consider playing WoW in the middle of.

I want to figure out how to do a Saison this weekend, but I don't see how it will happen. I told my wife I'm going to try and get prepared and just try to hit it after work next week. Some time between driving the kids around to dance, soccer, etc.

I *should* be able to do a brew in 4 hours if I have everything ready. I've done it before. Starting at 4:00 ending at 8:00. That will give me time to RDWHAHB. Oh, wait, I'll be doing that DURING the brewing!

What server are you on?

I suppose I'm not surprised to see this question from JP! :D

It's probably a good thing I don't play WOW. I barely have enough time for my other four hobbies. Plus, two small kids in the house doesn't really leave me with a lot of extra time.

I'm surprised to hear how fast people are going through kegs. My wife doesn't drink beer, neither do my kids, so it's pretty much just me. We don't entertain too often, as most of our friends aren't close by, and my neighbor doesn't drink beer anymore. I just kicked a keg last night, but I suppose supplementing my supply with hundred dollar bottle runs to BevMo is also cutting into my homebrew drinking.

Madoran.

lvl 80 Orc Warrior
lvl 21 Undead Mage
lvl 23 Blood Elf Paladin

The second two are the ones I've been playing on with my wife. Fartknocker, the Orc Warrior I've had for like 2 years. Finally got him to 80 recently just before my wife said she wanted to try it.

Ah - I'm on Cenarus. :)

Latest posts

Back